Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Congratulations to Michael Giacchino...

• 08-03-2010 11:02am
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,682 CMod ✭✭✭✭

…for his well-deserved Oscar win for Best Original Score for "Up".

His work has been really great this season. I can't wait to see what he does for the finale. I wish they'd release the Season 5 soundtrack already.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,027 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

He's a great composer. The score for Lost is excellent. I cringe when I hear old episodes of the X-Files and everything sounds like it was made by the composer and just his keyboard. It's very dated. Lost's score will be timeless.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,682 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

I cringe when I hear old episodes of the X-Files and everything sounds like it was made by the composer and just his keyboard.
    Yeah, Abrams insisted that the show use a real live orchestra, which is very expensive. Lost was one of very few shows at the time that used one. Most tv shows were (and still are) electronic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

Aye I was delighted when he won it. Lost would not be the same show without his music. I literally can't imagine it without the distinctive score.
    Good he gets mainstream recognition for his work

I also agree with SP, I want the S5 soundtrack. I think they will release it close to to the finale like they did with s4; that never made sense to me. They should be releasing when the season starts as people tend to re-watch it just before the premier and it's fresh in the memory!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

The man is gifted and I agree the music will be timeless. I love listening to his tunes on my MP3 player as it's like being a character in Lost. Without the scary madness of course. :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

I always thought he was a good composer, but it was his work with Up and Star Trek this year that made me realise just how good he actually is. If I ever directed a movie he'd be the first name I'd go to to compose the score.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I haven't seen either of those films(yet) but i'm delighted he's been recognized for what an excellent job he does.

Advertisement