Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Can I use my save games with a different cd?

• 08-03-2010 11:29am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 428 ✭✭

Sounds a bit like a vague question but let me explain.

I lost the disks to a couple of games that I had for the xbox 360, and bought new ones. Can I use my old save games with these new cd's?

I wont be able to try it out till the weekend sadly.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭rizzla

Yes you can.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 428 ✭✭wayne0308

rizzla wrote: »
    Yes you can.
    Thanks for that, a friend of mine had me worried. He reckoned that you couldn't. This was based on an experience he had with a specific game, forza 2. The original disk got scratched and the new disk just started the career from the beginning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

wayne0308 wrote: »
    Thanks for that, a friend of mine had me worried. He reckoned that you couldn't. This was based on an experience he had with a specific game, forza 2. The original disk got scratched and the new disk just started the career from the beginning.

What he told you makes absolutely no sense!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Yep... Games are pressed from a master copy, any 2 discs will have identicle code on them and will use the same save files.

Your friend was talking out his bum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Hmmmmmmm it's possible alright, game is saved after an update has been applied to the game. For what ever reason patch is deleted (clearing of cache is one) |When you try to load the game (some games not all - Fable 2 is one that comes to mind) deline the update or the console is off line, it tells you it cannot load the game as it was created with a newer version and forces you to make a new game overwriting the old save.

• Advertisement

It happened to him though, must be patch related as mentioned, he had no other evidence other than forza 2 to go on though. He had the game 70-something% complete and then the disk was scratched and when he got the new disk his progress was back to 0%, there was game data on the disk. Nothing had changed on his machine in the meantime.

Good to know that it works though!

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    Thats impossible as the xbox game DVDs are not rewritable not to mention the 360`s drive is a DVD-rom and doesnt have the ability to write to any media. Your friend did something silly and has blamed the disk :)

Pretty much :) end result would have been the same sadly for him.

Advertisement