Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dell xps Laptop problems

Options
  • 08-03-2010 11:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭

Have a dell XPS m1330 laptop for 2 years now. Ever since i got it i've had nothing but trouble with it, at least 10 call outs. Ive had ~ 6 motherboard replacements, wifi card replaced twice, CD drive replaced, 2 chargers, new battery.

So my CD drive (slot loading) is gone again. I'm sick of ringing them and getting them out for repair, I think I'm well within my rights at this stage to demand a replacement. So, what I'm thinking is to write to them demanding a replacement laptop and threatening the small claims court if they don't.

I don't have an exact list of all the repairs so I'm considering requesting my account information from them to prepare a case. Would I be right in saying that I'm entitled to this data under the data protection act?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

I think I would put it in writing, request a new PC or full refund. Taking the issue as stated Dell should just replace this, its obvious its a duff machine.

In the same letter I would request a list of all repairs to be sent back to you, this ensures they understand the situation.

I expect given a push that Dell would replace or refund, repair is no longer an option.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭Dermot2468

Wow dell really suprised me, I'm typing this on a new studio XPS 13 replacement!
    Thanks for the help

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

excellent result!

if anyone has a problem with any dell pc laptop etc "write" to them as their call centre are no good except for repairing items until your warranty is up

Advertisement