Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unlocking Akuma and Gouken?

Options
  • 08-03-2010 11:59am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭

I need to find out for a friend how to unlock Akuma and Gouken. I can't remember the exact method myself. We keep on getting slightly different criteria on the net. So does anyone know for definite what are the exact methods?

BTW,will SSIV have unlockable characters?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

I used these and they worked for me:

Unlock Akuma

* Keep game timer at 99 seconds
    * Get 2 perfects and 2 ultra combo finishes (don’t go over or it won’t work).
    * Don’t use any continues

Unlock Gouken

* Keep game timer at 99 seconds
    * Get 2 perfects and 3 ultra combo finishes
    * Don’t use any continues or lose any rounds

Easiest way to do it is to use Zangief, as the AI has no answer for the lariat so you can spam it to get your perfects (if you aren't proficient enough yet with any of the other characters)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

For the above I think there are some other stipulations:
    You have to be using a character you have already completed the game with
    The amount of perfects/Ultras you need varies depending on the amount of rounds you have Arcade set to.
    You need Akuma unlocked to unlock Gouken.

I'm not 100% on those, so my apologies if they're off.

And all characters are unlocked in SSFIV from the start.

EDIT: Removed faulty info

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭Xluna

Thanks. I can't remember if the settings have to be at default or not, 2 rounds,medium,99 seconds. It's a pain you need to beat Seth first and not lose.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

Xluna wrote: »
    Thanks. I can't remember if the settings have to be at default or not, 2 rounds,medium,99 seconds. It's a pain you need to beat Seth first and not lose.

No from what I remember I had it on 1 round and easiest!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Sagat06 wrote: »
    No from what I remember I had it on 1 round and easiest!

Yeah same here. I had mine set to 99 seconds, 1 round and on the easiest difficulty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

You also need to get a certain amount of first attacks, I think. I tended to get first attack in every match so it was grand.

You need to finish the game with Akuma to be able to unlock Gouken.

Advertisement