Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MISSING PERSON SEAMUS FLAHIVE

Options
  • 08-03-2010 12:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 679 ✭✭✭

It is very possible that Seamus is in the Limerick area. Please keep an eye out people.

Mod Edit: copied sig into post.

MISSING PERSON

http://www.facebook.com/people/Missing-Person-Seamus-Flahive/100000861001922

Seamus Flahive age 26 ( Photo on Facebook page )
    Approx 6ft
    85-90kilos
    Dark hair ( Possibly shaved )
    Politely spoken, Soft Kerry Accent
    CAR: Blue Nissan Almera - Plate - 99 LK 4401
    Last Seen in Gorey Co.Wexford on Tues 2nd March early evening.
    Particular areas of Interest are Kerry, Wexford and Limerick

Anyone with any information, regardless of how insignificant it seems, please contact Gorey Garda Station on 053-9421222

Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Is there anywhere in the Limerick area that would be more likely for him to go to if here or anything else you could say that might help people notice him if they were keeping an eye out for him?

The car has been found in Wexford from what I read in one of the other threads on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭hi_im_fil

I'm not really sure of any specific areas but he has a lot of friends around Limerick.

PIC:
    n100000861001922_5245.jpg

You have probably already done this, but if not then the local papers may be worth contacting to put his pic in them.

The local papers do use this forum a lot, and from personal experience they do get in touch with people by PM every now and then.

Below are the names and contact details for the Limerick papers.

Limerick Leader

54 O'Connell Street
    Limerick

Telephone : (061)214500

Limerick Post
    News room / Editor

97 Henry Street
    Limerick City
    Limerick
    Ireland
    061 413322

Limerick Independent

48 0'Connell Street
    Limerick
    Telephone: 061404900
    Fax: 061404940

• Closed Accounts Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Wizard007

Kess73 wrote: »
    Is there anywhere in the Limerick area that would be more likely for him to go to if here or anything else you could say that might help people notice him if they were keeping an eye out for him?

The car has been found in Wexford from what I read in one of the other threads on it.

The Moyross area. Seamus used to teach there.

Did he by any chance go to college in Mary I or LIT and have more hair then? And go by James rather than Seamus?

• Advertisement

Yes, Seamus went to College in Mary Immaculate. I don't know would he have been known as James there or not. Possibly, as it is a variation of Seamus.

Wizard007 wrote: »
    Yes, Seamus went to College in Mary Immaculate. I don't know would he have been known as James there or not. Possibly, as it is a variation of Seamus.

Small world then as I think he is who I was thinking of. Hope there is good news at the end of the search for him.

Now that he seems to be who I think he is, I canl say to a few others that would have known him to see and talk to to keep an eye out for him.

Small world then as I think he is who I was thinking of. Hope there is good news at the end of the search for him.

Now that he seems to be who I think he is, I canl say to a few others that would have known him to see and talk to to keep an eye out for him.

That would be hugely appreciated Kess.

Wizard007 wrote: »
    That would be hugely appreciated Kess.

He is a nice guy, so I have no doubt that anyone who even kind of knows him will be keeping an eye out.

I do know him very well and only know him through where he worked around the time he was in Mary I, but I would recognise him if I saw him in the street, and I have texted a few others that would know him to see.

He is a nice guy, so I have no doubt that anyone who even kind of knows him will be keeping an eye out.

I do know him very well and only know him through where he worked around the time he was in Mary I, but I would recognise him if I saw him in the street, and I have texted a few others that would know him to see.

Great, thanks a million.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

stickied

Thanks a million Billy. That's very much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 chocoholic

I was in Mary I with Seamus. I didn't know him that well but I'll spread the word with anyone who was in college with us. Let me know if I can do anything to help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 zuess26

Seamus used to work in the cinema in the Crescent Shopping Centre while he was in Mary I. He was a regular in places like Fenessey's Pub, Sin Bin club, O' Dwyer's Pub... all the usual Mary I student haunts.

If anyone knows people working in newsagents, if they could put a copy of the poster into the morning papers. It would be a great help.

Also, if anyone is around the Cork City area, a few of us will be meeting up to distribute flyers and hang posters this evening. We will be outside Reardens bar at 6.30, if you have an hour to spare, please come ad lend a hand. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭hi_im_fil

A few pics of Seamus from the facebook page

15309_350707852981_545852981_3724106_4491398_n.jpg

15309_350707862981_545852981_3724107_743553_n.jpg

15309_350707887981_545852981_3724110_1349975_n.jpg

Just a bump so that it shows up as a new post. Might get a few people who have not seen the pics to see them.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭oide10

The facebook page has been closed? Any news on him?

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭ianflynn

yup. its not good news im afraid :(

Some bad news was announced yesterday and it now seems that it was true.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

Some bad news was announced yesterday and it now seems that it was true.

Thats true. If people want i'll post up the arrangements when i hear. Rest in peace seamus :(

• Registered Users Posts: 55,512 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I'll unstick this thread so.

RIP, Seamus.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭pbirney

Very sad news ... rest is peace Seamus.

Advertisement