Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disposal of grass & cuttings in Letterkenny?

Options
  • 08-03-2010 12:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,967 ✭✭✭

Finally the sub zero day time conditions have ceased! :)
    Now it's time to do a bit of a clean up in the back garden, and I don't know where to start! I've been working away from home for the last 4 years, only getting home at the week-ends, so the garden got neglected!

It's not too bad, just needs a good cut back, gather up about a few bags of dead leaves, and a whole pile of twigs!

Is there anywhere to dispose of this stuff in Letterkenny?
    Legally that is! :D

No weedkiller or anything, but because it has twigs, and some holly, I wouldn't want to put it somewhere that could endanger any animals.

I did have a look at the civic amienity centre, but they don't cover any type of composting. So I was wondering what I'll do with the grass cuttings as well?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

At times like this it's nice to be living in Strabane where you can take it all to the dump civic amenity site and dispose of it in the dedicated dump truck. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭inode

maybe that civic amenity site down by Pacificare might dispose of it for you. if not you could could always offer it to one of the local farmers :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,967 ✭✭✭mrmac

I looked at the info on the Donegal CoCo site re. the civic amenity sites, and not one of them composts, and I wouldn't want to dump it anywhere animals, as there's old twigs, brambles and holly in it.

Looks like I'll have to bag it for the bin. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭inode

i just have a big pile at the bottom of the garden for all my cuttings ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,967 ✭✭✭mrmac

Thanks! Where do you live! :eek:

:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Same as that, have a pile in the back garden behind the shed. It never really builds up as it all decomposes over time and comes in handy for compost whenever something new is being planted

• Registered Users Posts: 46,095 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Plenty of craters potholes about that could do with something put into them to soften the impact.

Apart from that if you can find someone clearing a building site and are digging holes to bury large boulders/rocks/stones etc then perhaps they would accept the likes of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭mk2

There is actually a place out the newmills direction that has a sign at the gate sayin it is licensed for hard fill,i know grass and twigs are not hard fill but i would give it a shot i mean a wheelbarrow load of grass would be well lost in along with a couple hundred tonnes of muck!Its just on the left hand side before the millview cafe!

Advertisement