Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what a mess

Options
  • 08-03-2010 12:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,685 ✭✭✭

today a new gp appointed by the health board started to practice in hospital co. limerick, he has no patients records, he asked each patient to ask his predecessor to arrange the transfer of their files, surely the health board who is running the show should have all this arranged, also many patients as yet have not recieved notification that they:eek: have been transfered to the new gp

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

hmmmm that sounds very unusual,are you sure you have your facts right

• Registered Users Posts: 6,685 ✭✭✭flutered

very very right, i only recieved notification of the new gps hours today by post, a family member attended this morning, and was asked to collect their records from the old gp and bring them to the new gp.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭wingnut

perhaps there is new data protection laws?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,310 ✭✭✭✭phog

I'd hate to think the a doctor or HSE could request my details from my GP without my permission.

a new gp replacing the old gp, is the new one not entitled to the records of all the new patients ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

flutered wrote: »
    a new gp replacing the old gp, is the new one not entitled to the records of all the new patients ?

I know dentists setting up a new practise can buy the patient contact details and record from retiring dentists. Is it the same with gp's?

it is medical card holders that are hit, the old gp cannot treat them, the new gp has not got their records,

• Registered Users Posts: 24,310 ✭✭✭✭phog

panda100 wrote: »
    I know dentists setting up a new practise can buy the patient contact details and record from retiring dentists. Is it the same with gp's?
    flutered wrote: »
    it is medical card holders that are hit, the old gp cannot treat them, the new gp has not got their records,

There's a huge difference in buying "contact details" and getting the medical history of a person. Surely the retiring GP could have written to all his patients and asked their permission to transfer their records to the doctor of their choice.

phog wrote: »
    There's a huge difference in buying "contact details" and getting the medical history of a person. Surely the retiring GP could have written to all his patients and asked their permission to transfer their records to the doctor of their choice.

he did not retire, the health board said he was too old to look after medical card patients,
    is this not ageist.

Advertisement