Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Patricks Day

Options
  • 08-03-2010 12:48pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭

Boss asked me if I wanted Saturday off for rhe Celebrations:( I asked him how he'd feel if the Nation of Ireland decided to have Australia day Next thursday instead as its more convienient for the calender;)

AAAANYWAY,

Next Wednesday IS Patricks day, we is fully entitled ta de day off:D* so whos gonna be where????:D:D

Muchos Gratias John Howard o/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Well I've booked Wednesday and Thursday off so will be hitting it hard.

I hated St. Pats day back home but it's feckin quality over here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

I booked off wed and thurs ....But I was only rostered on those two days so its a week for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭uglyjohn

i think i'll be on site until the friday so personally im hoping people are still celebrating at the weekend. i'd love to be in perth on the day though. i've done paddy's day abroad a few times and it's much better than dublin.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

Ah I Dunno, Takin Thursday off is against the spirit of things, I'm a bit more Oldschool where Pride meself on my ability to rock up to work the next mornin after a sesh, Course it generally results in me being sent home again for being far far too inebrieated to operate anything more advanced than a pencil

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

i don't work wednesdays anyway, and have a late start on thursdays :D

this year's gonna be funnnn. plus, it's the anniversary of my first visit to nz, so double the celebrations.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭TirEoghain

I get paid on St Patrick's day too!

I always thought the 18th should be a holiday too. They do it for the 12th July in counties Antrim, Armagh, Derry, Down, Fermanagh and Tyrone.

TirEoghain wrote: »
    I get paid on St Patrick's day too!

I always thought the 18th should be a holiday too. They do it for the 12th July in counties Antrim, Armagh, Derry, Down, Fermanagh and Tyrone.

I see no need to copy anything about the 12th.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭Trankton

So where is a good place to go in Brissie for Paddys??? have only been back in Brisbane a few weeks and last time I spent Paddys day here was 4 years ago so guessing much has changed since then.

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Coileach dearg

If I'm not in the pub by 2 o'clock, the day will be announced a failure.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭wicklowwonder

Trankton wrote: »
    So where is a good place to go in Brissie for Paddys??? have only been back in Brisbane a few weeks and last time I spent Paddys day here was 4 years ago so guessing much has changed since then.

parade is on saturday morning at 10.30am then it will be to irish murphys,gilhooleys or o'malleys personally i will be in o'malleys i reckon guinness is great in there from the side bar nearly as good as home! Ireland rugby game starts at half past midnight so be quiet a challenge still be in pub by then!! Im off to sydney then monday for a weeks drinking and the sydney parade the following sunday!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Bit crap celebrating Paddy's Day on a day that isn't Paddy's Day. It's Wednesday or nothing for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭m@cc@

They do it for the 12th July in counties Antrim, Armagh, Derry, Down, Fermanagh and Tyrone.

Do you mean Northern Ireland?

m@cc@ wrote: »
    Do you mean Northern Ireland?

No he meant not in

Carlow,
    Cavan,
    Clare,
    Cork,
    Donegal,
    Dublin,
    Galway,
    Kerry,
    Kildare,
    Kilkenny,
    Laois,
    Leitrim,
    Limerick,
    Longford,
    Louth,
    Mayo,
    Meath,
    Monaghan,
    Offaly,
    Roscommon,
    Sligo,
    Tipperary,
    Waterford,
    Westmeath,
    Wexford,
    or Wicklow

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Bit crap celebrating Paddy's Day on a day that isn't Paddy's Day. It's Wednesday or nothing for me.

sure start friday 12th march and dont stop till monday 22nd march......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

What's the best pub for craic in Sydney? :) I've only been in the Mercantile, heard there's good music there, looks a bit sterile to me for it to be an Irish pub :p Scruffy Murphy's any use? That seems to be 'the' Irish pub, I'm probs wrong though

The parade isn't til the weekend in Sydney is it ?

Dave! wrote: »
    What's the best pub for craic in Sydney? :) I've only been in the Mercantile, heard there's good music there, looks a bit sterile to me for it to be an Irish pub :p Scruffy Murphy's any use? That seems to be 'the' Irish pub, I'm probs wrong though

The parade isn't til the weekend in Sydney is it ?

i was advised leave scruffys till your locked think we starting pub crawl at bondi junction where cock and bull and tea gardens are then heading into town! Not really sure where never been to sydney yet so looking forward experiencing it 1st time on paddys day!!

i was advised leave scruffys till your locked think we starting pub crawl at bondi junction where cock and bull and tea gardens are then heading into town! Not really sure where never been to sydney yet so looking forward experiencing it 1st time on paddys day!!

Tea Gardens that early on a pub crawl is fair dangerous, tea-pots + Trankton = very very drunk mess!!

I'm thinking O'Malleys in Brisbane on Paddys day, none of this weekend before crap!!! Easily said when you're not working I suppose :)

I thought all Irish people had to meet in the Bermuda triangle at the end of the night to compare notes...I have never been to the three pubs in the Bermuda triangle sober so I have no idea what they are or where they are.

however i cant see the tea gardens improving in the last 15 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,355 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Trankton wrote: »
    Tea Gardens that early on a pub crawl is fair dangerous, tea-pots + Trankton = very very drunk mess!!
    The tea gardens has nothing to do with tea-pots
    ?????
    Zambia232 wrote: »
    I thought all Irish people had to meet in the Bermuda triangle at the end of the night to compare notes...I have never been to the three pubs in the Bermuda triangle sober so I have no idea what they are or where they are.
    Bermuda Triangle??

Mellor wrote: »
    ?????

Bermuda Triangle??
    Three Pubs somewhere in the Sydney CBD that served very late. They where not the best spots by a mile. They got the name because you loat people during the night but found them in the Bermuda Triangle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,355 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

So that's the PBH, Courthouse and maybe Scruffys

?????

See, very drunk as I said, bloody tea gardens...lols.

So what is the place in Sydney that you get the tea pots full of spirits???

So that's the PBH, Courthouse and maybe Scruffys
    jesus I THINK THAT MAY BE IT...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Far better to celebrate it in Europe ;) Personally I'll be in Prague.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Mackman

Probably head to Rosie's in Perth after work. been a while since i got wasted :D

I was at the parade here on Saturday, and then the festival yesterday at Willawong.

All in all a good weekend's craic.

Anyone got any plans for Wednesday in Brisbane?

Anyone got any plans for Wednesday in Brisbane?

I'm heading into O 'Malleys (Queen St) tomorrow, have some Irish friends taking a half day as well so could be an early start and a messy finish...:)

There will be a squad of us from the Brisbane Harps Gaelic football club in O'Malleys tomorrow, some from early in the day. I'm not sure when I'll be there, probably after a day's work.

Keep an eye out for the lads in the Harps jerseys over in the area behind bar on the right hand side as you head down the bottom stairs.

It promises to be a good session!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 337 ✭✭Sacred_git

jaysus stay away from the mercantile in sydney, when i was there on paddys day they had those railing barrier things for people to queue outside, it was a mile long, didnt even bother, we went to that irish pub near central station/oxford st - is it surrey hills? jeez has it been five years :(, thought it was the best irish pub in sydney myself, anyway enjoy!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

Right, theres a Taxi on the Way, I'll see ye all in O'Malleys soon

:D:D:D:D:D:D

Lets Get Pissed
    YAAAAY

Advertisement