Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

xml to shopping cart

Options
  • 08-03-2010 12:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭

I'm building a shopping cart for a customer and he has presented some of his stock as a supplier program on cd. When I view the contents of the disc it has the program, all the images in one folder, and individual .xml files for each manufacturer i.e. audi.xml, bmw.xml etc etc. Not being experienced with xml, I'm a bit lost in how to extract the data I need from these files. My aim is to build a csv file for uploading to shopping cart from these files. Any ideas?? I'd really appreciate some pointers here... I can email some of the files if anyone needs to have a look...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

I found this site from googling "convert xml to csv", which might be a good starting point.

http://www.xmlfox.com/convert_xml.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭pablo21

Eoin, I've downloaded a few converters and none of them seem to be able to open the structure of the file.

What language is your shopping cart written in, and can you post a sample of the XML?

Please see attached zip file. this is one of the xml files. All help greatly appreciated.

Sorry pablo21, I've a little experience with XML but I've not seen an XML file in that format below. I googled binary XML quickly, but it doesn't seem to look like your document. Either way - it's over my head; sorry about that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭km991148

has this file been saved in a compressed format? Doesnt open as a typical xml file; what app created it?

Its off a supplier cd/parts catalogue. I wouldnt know enough about it to verify whether its compressed or not. I could zip it and make it available if you thought you could decipher it?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,511 ✭✭✭daymobrew

Can you email the supplier?

That might be the only option! Thanks Guys.

Advertisement