Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dextrose, where to buy?

• 08-03-2010 1:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,846 ✭✭✭

hi guys
    Anyone buy this recently? I wen't to M&S and Tescos but couldn't find it.
    Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

It would be called glucose here, dextrose is essentially the same thing and called that in the US. You get it in my tesco in the baby food section, some have it in the baking section, usually shamrock brand. Ask an auld one working there if you cannot find it, I have never seen a large supermarket without it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,846 ✭✭✭shootermacg

rubadub wrote: »
    It would be called glucose here, dextrose is essentially the same thing and called that in the US. You get it in my tesco in the baby food section, some have it in the baking section, usually shamrock brand. Ask an auld one working there if you cannot find it, I have never seen a large supermarket without it.

Cheers mate,
    I actually went to both sections but didn't find it. I'll go again this evening and follow your advice.

No Glucose in tesco dundrum at this time. I had 3 various levels of auld ones running around but no luck.
    I'll try another Tescos tomorrow or Dunnes. I know for sure they don't have it in M&S dundrum either.
    They can get it in the chemist in the shopping center, but I told em not to bother. I hear it can also be gotten in an off licence that sells home brew kits ^ ^.
    I'll keep this updated until I find a store that sells it. If worse comes to worst I can order it I guess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

I'm shocked! I thought it would be easy stuff to find.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭discus

Khannie wrote: »
    I'm shocked! I thought it would be easy stuff to find.

Tesco seem to have it fairly rarely, I'd buy it every now and again. Tesco never have it, but Dunnes generally do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭cardio,shoot me

No Glucose in tesco dundrum at this time. I had 3 various levels of auld ones running around but no luck.
    I'll try another Tescos tomorrow or Dunnes. I know for sure they don't have it in M&S dundrum either.
    They can get it in the chemist in the shopping center, but I told em not to bother. I hear it can also be gotten in an off licence that sells home brew kits ^ ^.
    I'll keep this updated until I find a store that sells it. If worse comes to worst I can order it I guess.

spar stillorgan beside the chartbusters definitly have it as of a week ago. 1.65 for a 500g bag i think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭Doug Cartel

I've bought it in Dunnes - only in the larger ones though, and I've never seen it in Tesco or M&S.

Stillorgan spar or dunnes it is then!
    I'll take a look tomorrow cheers all!:)

spar stillorgan beside the chartbusters definitly have it as of a week ago. 1.65 for a 500g bag i think

Cheers mate you're a star! Just bought 2 packs of glucose at spar in stillorgan. Tried the nearer spar 1st but no dice. The spar in question is almost supermarket size.
    Must have passed that way 100 times and never noticed it before.

Thanks again!

Advertisement