Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway juggling convention - 28th to the 30th May

Options
  • 08-03-2010 1:24pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

just some details on the Galway convention coming up :)

Friday, 28th May:

6pm: Meet 'n' Greet in the HUGE Bailey-Allen Hall in NUI, Galway. Get our juggle on. No workshops this evening, just a fair bit of messing about. The hall will be open till midnight.

8pm: Yay, it's a fire show!! Same venue as last year, the back of the College Bar, which is right beside the hall. Anyone welcome to come up and perform!

Saturday, 29th May:

10am: Hall is open till midnight. Juggling, poi spinning, diabolo, devil sticks, unicycling, everything!! Workshops aplenty all day.

The public show will be held at some stage on Saturday, and it will be epic!!

8pm: RENEGADE SHOW!!! Venue TBC.

Sunday, 30th May:

10am: Hall opens till 6pm / midnight. Workshops aplenty, big practice space, more workshops!

2pm: Games, games, games!!

6pm / midnight (whichever really): Hometime, boo! And the BIG Toss Up.

YAY!!!!!!

Workshops include...

Simple 3 Ball with Mike, Beginner Devil Stick with Brian, Intermediate 3 Ball and Beginner 4 Ball with Oisin, Rings with Steve, Passing with Nick, Club Manipulation and Scissor Catches with Dara.

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

quick update:

Right guys,

The headline acts are confirmed, yay!! They are JENS SIGSGAARD and LISA MARIE OEDEGAARD from Denmark. They're currently on the Shoebox Tour and they're pretty awesome. Jens does have a video or two up on the internetz but I'd advice everyone to not look at them... Wait till the live act at the convention. As they're so new and super cool, you'll be really pleasantly surprised if you hold on till the show. Jens will also be doing a workshop at the convention. This is one show NOT TO BE MISSED!! I'll definitely be there. (:

Accommodation... Unfortunately, Corrib Village won't be open at that time, but have a look at Ultan's post up there ^^ for a link to find accommodation.

Workshops, workshops, workshops... Anyone interested in doing a workshop, e-mail me (fionaritagillespie at gmail dot com). We have A LOT of workshops already lined up, which is great!! From Galway, we have Bill (poi), Mike (3ball), Brian P (devilsticks), Oisin (3ball and 4ball), Steve (rings), Nick (passing), Dara (club manipulation and scissors catches), Ragz (balloons), etc, etc... And of course, our international act, Jens, will be giving a workshop.

Price... The tickets will cost €20. Concession tickets (students, unemployed) will be €15. Pre-registration will open for April ONLY and will be €15. Details will be up by the end of March.

We have already confirmed Kablitz from Belfast as a vendor and they will be donating prizes for the games too, yay!

Oh, and have I mentioned that the SUPER COOL HUGE HALL will be open from 10am till MIDNIGHT for the Friday and Saturday??? That's some amount of juggling...

shameless bump... tiz this weekend :)

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭dusty207

ooops, too late, missed it so.
    Anywhere in Dublin to practice the art, gotta few juggling presents a few years back, inc. more balls than most, those diablo stick things etc but would be interested in getting better.

Heya Dusty,

yea theres a pretty strong juggling community in Dublin. The main meet at the moment is in Merrion Square every tuesday evening from 6 or so til 9. its in the park itself. pretty much just a turn up and join in thing :) i may be in myself tonight, not sure with work :) but theres generally a good turn out provided its not raining

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭dusty207

Hi
    Didn't know about that, sounds like a nice way to spend a summers evening!
    I'll try get in next Tuesday.
    Cheers

• Advertisement
Advertisement