Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheltenham Gold Cup

Options
  • 08-03-2010 1:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭

Saw something there on PP. What a Friend has come in from 33/1 to 20/1.

He is 9/1 w/o kuato and denman.

surely worth a punt e/w w/o kuato and denman??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Kauto Star should win this bar a fall and imo is a better bet than Dunguib @ 4-5.

Ruby said Cooldine is nailed on for a top 3 finish and he is 12-1.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Kod-box

Can you back e/w w/o 2 horses though?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,454 ✭✭✭✭cson

Check the terms at the bottom of the market.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭SD1990

I checked with pp and yes the each way market is available w/o.

Worth a punt imo should it stay at 9s.

When did ruby say that about cooldine? I would of prefered imperial commander over cooldine.. but ruby would know more :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,173 ✭✭✭hucklebuck

I saw Weird Al is now with Mc Cain and is a 50/1 chance for the Gold Cup, does anyone else think this is a great price, he will be 9 next year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭gudede

Well I think it'll be anyone's apart from Long Run. Any half good horse would of beaten him last year. Kauto/Denman were too old. China Rock was actually unlucky.

Coming around the turn Long Run was good bit back and he can't travel up the hill (showed it in other Cheltenham runs) so that shows to me he beat nothing last year. I think Russell will have some great rides this year and he'll have a couple of horse's for all the big races

• Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

gudede wrote: »
    Well I think it'll be anyone's apart from Long Run. Any half good horse would of beaten him last year. Kauto/Denman were too old. China Rock was actually unlucky.

Coming around the turn Long Run was good bit back and he can't travel up the hill (showed it in other Cheltenham runs) so that shows to me he beat nothing last year. I think Russell will have some great rides this year and he'll have a couple of horse's for all the big races

Wow thats a bold statement, remember he was a 6yo who has a 70% strike rate in chases and there is absolutely no reason to believe he wont improve as a seven yo.

As for the bit in bold, if he was a good bit back on the turn in and doesnt travel up the hill, how to hell did he win the race :confused:

At three out Kauto and Denman were going well but Long run was been ridden along...Long Run looked impressive going up the hill but what did he beat???

Kauto and Denman were great horse but they're 11. In there prime Long run wouldn't of go close. Sure Kauto faded so much What a friend nearly caught him for 3rd.

Long Run ran at Cheltenham and lost twice. He was terrible in the RSA Chase and Paddypower gold cup chase. In both those races he was giving every chance and lost in on the hill both times. I just think last years gold cup was poor and he won't be winning another one. Quito De La Roque looks a great horse on last year form and if it comes up soft then even better.

At three out Kauto and Denman were going well but Long run was been ridden along...Long Run looked impressive going up the hill but what did he beat???

Kauto and Denman were great horse but they're 11. In there prime Long run wouldn't of go close. Sure Kauto faded so much What a friend nearly caught him for 3rd.

Long Run ran at Cheltenham and lost twice. He was terrible in the RSA Chase and Paddypower gold cup chase. In both those races he was giving every chance and lost in on the hill both times. I just think last years gold cup was poor and he won't be winning another one. Quito De La Roque looks a great horse on last year form and if it comes up soft then even better.

Well I guess thats the beauty of horse racing its all opinions, but it is worth noting that the official handicaper rated last years performance 182, possibly a little generous but when you consider it would not be unreasonable to expect the horse to improve by 5-7lbs as a seven yo I would imagine if a fully fit Long Run turns up on the day he will be very short

Well I guess thats the beauty of horse racing its all opinions, but it is worth noting that the official handicaper rated last years performance 182, possibly a little generous but when you consider it would not be unreasonable to expect the horse to improve by 5-7lbs as a seven yo I would imagine if a fully fit Long Run turns up on the day he will be very short

Ya I expect his odds to be very short, but it's a long season. I do like him at other tracks but he's not for me at Cheltenham. He could win it again this year but i'll be happy out backing against him. I can't wait for the jump season to start. It's a lot better than the flat.

• Advertisement

I can't wait for the jump season to start. It's a lot better than the flat.

Now see I knew we would agree on something :D

Well I am glad my Weird Al thought was ignored and used as a post bump:rolleyes:

What irked me about this years race was the fact Paddy Brennan sat there like a tool and then Imperial ploughed into a fence. I think Thomas knew Denman was not his old self so did not want to get after him too early.

In my opinion if Imperial went for home at the point he did last year he would have won it. Long Run hit three fences early and I was surprised he kept going, by turning the screw earlier they could have tested him. I will certainly take him on next year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Don't know if Weird Al would be a bet for me. Burton Port could be interesting.

We have to disagree there hucklebuck,Imperial Commander never would have won last year I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭jjll

he can only beat what long run raced against he will improve this year kauto wont even get to cheltenham smith should retire him really should kauto i hope aint heading same way as istabraq they try to win at cheltenham again and he pulls up

Kauto's last run was simply hard to watch

hucklebuck wrote: »
    I saw Weird Al is now with Mc Cain and is a 50/1 chance for the Gold Cup, does anyone else think this is a great price, he will be 9 next year

Can someone please PM me the next time I post another ante post thought to tell me to get on, I am raging. Not the first time I have thought I had money on something. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 computer

Very open this year its a pity about lethal weapon

computer wrote: »
    Very open this year its a pity about lethal weapon

Who?

• Moderators Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Weapon's Amnesty I'd say.

Advertisement