Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Permanent TSB Visa Debit

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Paula60

GetScraped wrote: »
    As everyone knows, Paypal doesn't accept Laser.

Ulster Bank use Visa Debit cards, I'm still in secondary school though, so I can't apply for an account with them.

Permanent TSB offer Visa Debit cards to Teenagers, it's great.
    I'm only 17, and I can get one with a Teen account.

Opening an account with them today.

This is a forum, get your free advertising somewhere else!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭kaiser sauze

GetScraped wrote: »
    As everyone knows, Paypal doesn't accept Laser.

Ulster Bank use Visa Debit cards, I'm still in secondary school though, so I can't apply for an account with them.

Permanent TSB offer Visa Debit cards to Teenagers, it's great.
    I'm only 17, and I can get one with a Teen account.

Opening an account with them today.
    Paula60 wrote: »
    This is a forum, get your free advertising somewhere else!!!!

...and he is also incorrect.

There was a discussion on another thread showing that teens can get a Visa debit through Ulster Bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭ronkmonster

My card still hasn't been issued according to open24 site.
    Anyone get it faster by ringing up?

You'll almost get it immediately if you go into the bank. But be prepared, they're a rude lot!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭Davexirl

You'll almost get it immediately if you go into the bank. But be prepared, they're a rude lot!!!

I went into a branch and asked them to issue me one they said they can't and the best way is to ring up and say you broke/lost your laser card.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,285 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Not in a major rush for mine as Laser does me for the moment.

Just wondering if there's been any updates on the roll out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭jaffa20

Dodge wrote: »
    Not in a major rush for mine as Laser does me for the moment.

Just wondering if there's been any updates on the roll out.

Your card probably won't be replaced with Visa Debit unless your laser card is close to expiry. Laser will soon be a thing of the past for most banks..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 decdec1

hi there was just wondering has anyone been having the same problem as me with there new ptsb visa debit card, i got it a few weeks ago in the post and i activated it online, then i rang up the 3 network to pay bill over the phone and the girl said the card was declined, so then i rang chours ntl to pay that bill,it was an automated service so typed in all my details of the card to process payment and it was denied,i tried using it on the i tunes app store and was declined,but its workin fine at the atm

i rang ptsb and told them and they were scratchin there heads wondering what the problem was as there was enough funds in the account all the time,so after talkin to a 3rd member of staff that night he decided to re issue me a new card,so week or so later recieved new card and activated it on line,and still was same problem i cant use it to oay bills over the phone,so i was fuming and rang ptsb back up and i got this lad that told me that ptsb are in talks with visa to sort this problem that visa block these type of transactions,im baffeled as i could use my laser no problem to pay these,now im kinda stung wit this poxy card thats no good to me ,can anyone shed more light on ths subject??

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 14,001 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

decdec1 wrote: »
    hi there ...ths subject??

thanks

I've no problems with my one, have bought numerous things online and from take-aways, etc... Something up with your account, ie: technical error.

After several calls and visits to ptsb, I eventually got my visa debit working the way I want it to. I can't spend money I don't have anymore. So no more outrageous referral fees. That's the way I wanted it. It's just like my atm card now only I can use it online or in the shops.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭here.from.day.1

I can't spend money I don't have anymore.

Debit vs. Credit.. :confused:

:pac:

I've no problems with my one, have bought numerous things online and from take-aways, etc... Something up with your account, ie: technical error.

but have you used it over the phone to pay a bill

If your card was declined its because you don't have enjoy money in your account. Or maybe your visa isn't connected to your account yet. Give them a ring, but be prepared - they're a rude lot. They somehow enjoy being nasty to people. Best of luck when you approach them if you don't have a hard neck like myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Glenbhoy

yet another problem with the visa debit card - client was trying to pay his tax online with ROS today, it won't accept VisaDebit, he'll not be able to pay on time, we'll write a letter explaining the situation, it might and might not be accepted. If not, there'll be a few quid in interest and penalties and of course a higher chance of being audited.
    I know it's not necessarily PTSB's fault that the revenue don't accept their new card, but surely they should ensure retailer compliance before rolling out these things?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,285 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

If your card was declined its because you don't have enjoy money in your account. Or maybe your visa isn't connected to your account yet. Give them a ring, but be prepared - they're a rude lot. They somehow enjoy being nasty to people. Best of luck when you approach them if you don't have a hard neck like myself.
    Jaysus, let it go. We get it. You don't like PTSB staff. Do you need to post about it so often?

I have a right to express myself. They are rude, full stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Yes Paula60. You think ptsb are rude.

You've expressed yourself. Please give it a rest now!!!

amdublin wrote: »
    Yes Paula60. You think ptsb are rude.

You've expressed yourself. Please give it a rest now!!!

Well ... err... surely I should spread the word so people won't get caught up with them like did. What do you think??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭here.from.day.1

Well ... err... surely I should spread the word so people won't get caught up with them like did. What do you think??

You have made your point. Repeatedly. Also I think you are in quite the minority with your experience and I can't help but think your attitude has a lot to do with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭ronkmonster

I've near any had any issues with their staff and I've used 5 branches and their phone service. They've always been helpful

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭crashoveroid

I have been with them for years fantastic bank never had an issue really helpful.

By the sounds of it you have brought this all on yourself. your Attitude is shocking.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭jaffa20

You make it sound like you have to stay there. You said already you were going to switch to UB. Then you changed your mind because they sorted out the visa debit card issues for you. Now you are on whinging againt without any specifics to back up for complaints.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,919 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Paula60, if you have issues with PTSB staff, take it up with their customer care department. This thread is for the discussion of their Visa Debit Card, not their customer service standards.

hi paula,there was ample money in my account to cover it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 toolfan1912

I just got my card today and registered my card online, but Its not working on Amazon.co.uk or a few other places.

Is there like a 24 hour waiting period before you can use the card??:confused:

It also doesn't work with paypal.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 am_sunny

Got my ulster bank visa debit recently. Going to Oz and think it would be easier to have a visa debit instead of a laser card. Anyone have any experience of using the card abroad? Fees, etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Cryos

I just got my card today and registered my card online, but Its not working on Amazon.co.uk or a few other places.

Is there like a 24 hour waiting period before you can use the card??:confused:

It also doesn't work with paypal.

Mine seems to be working ? i only activated mine about 2 hours ago aswell..

Cryos wrote: »
    Mine seems to be working ? i only activated mine about 2 hours ago aswell..

Did you get it to work with paypal? Or amazon.co.uk?

Maybe something wrong with my account a technical hitch I'll call them tomorrow...:(

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Cryos

Did you get it to work with paypal? Or amazon.co.uk?

Maybe something wrong with my account a technical hitch I'll call them tomorrow...:(
    Paypal, i havnt done any paypal transactions yet, could be a different story.

I topped up my dublin parking tag aswell with it and purchased an item off elara..

I tried ringing them this evening about another issue not related to the visa debit but all i got was "We are sorry but we are unable to assist you at this stage, we appologise for this inconvinience, please try again later"

Think they are getting swamped with calls.

• Advertisement

Cryos wrote: »
    Paypal, i havnt done any paypal transactions yet, could be a different story.

I topped up my dublin parking tag aswell with it and purchased an item off elara..

I tried ringing them this evening about another issue not related to the visa debit but all i got was "We are sorry but we are unable to assist you at this stage, we appologise for this inconvinience, please try again later"

Think they are getting swamped with calls.

Seems like a tech error on their side then. Really should have sorted out things before sending out the new cards.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement