Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Primary Schools Eastside Galway City

Options
  • 08-03-2010 2:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

hopefully someone can help with this. I have a 2 and a half year old and am beginning the search for a primary school for her. I live in the headford road and was thinking about Tireallan NS, Menlo NS or any other in the vacinity. I am asking people who have children in each school and they are happy with the school their children are in but slate the others! Does anyone know where I can find impartial advise and enrollment policies on each school.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭unJustMary

Very hard to get impartial advice on this subject! Everyone seems to have opinions, hard to tell what's fact and what's rumour.

You could try asking on mykidstime.ie, various parents hang out there.

Re policies, you're best to contact each school concerned, and ask them.

Ask your friends to see if you can get invited to some events at each school, to check out the general feel of the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

I know this is somewhat off topic... but... does anyone not think it's a bit mad that you have to sign a kid up for school at the age of 2 and a half??

Call me an ignorant foreigner, but Christ, build more schools.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

There are enough schools in Galway .....but they are not on the east side and crossing the city is impossible at 9am.

We have a baby boom at the moment.
    Births in 2008 were the highest since 1896.

But yes we probably do need more schools in the city.

Advertisement