Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Adobe Dreamweaver CS4 downloads

• 08-03-2010 2:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22

I've been using Adobe Dreamweaver CS4 for my web design course but my trial runs out today. Is there any where I can download it for free or extend my trial

The only place is see it is the adobe main site where you have to buy the program for about €300. Some programs let you extend you trial for a small fee as I only need it for another 2 or 3 weeks I would be happy to paya small fee but not €300

Cheers in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Neish wrote: »
    I've been using Adobe Dreamweaver CS4 for my web design course but my trial runs out today. Is there any where I can download it for free or extend my trial

The only place is see it is the adobe main site where you have to buy the program for about €300. Some programs let you extend you trial for a small fee as I only need it for another 2 or 3 weeks I would be happy to paya small fee but not €300

Cheers in advance

No, you'll need to buy a licence for it. I'd suggest using a freeware equivalent called GIMP (yes,it's really called that!). But I wouldn't think it'd suit seeing that you've spent time learning the ins and outs of Photoshop.

Give it a try anyways!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

chin_grin wrote: »
    No, you'll need to buy a licence for it. I'd suggest using a freeware equivalent called GIMP (yes,it's really called that!). But I wouldn't think it'd suit seeing that you've spent time learning the ins and outs of Photoshop.

GIMP substitutes for PhotoShop not Dreamweaver.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

tricky D wrote: »
    GIMP substitutes for PhotoShop not Dreamweaver.

Dernit! Thanks I read it wrong. When I saw "Adobe".....Hmm there might be a few decent GUI web editors that'll suit so.....<googles>

http://webdesign.about.com/od/windowshtmleditors/tp/free-windows-editors.htm

I've tried Amaya (number ten on the list).

Sorry for misreading the OPs post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭DECEiFER

Why don't you just uninstall it, sign up again for a new trial with different credentials, and then install it again?

• Advertisement

$300 for PhotoShop would be a bit of a giveaway.

Amaya is well up on my favs list too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Neish wrote: »

Cheers in advance

I ran into the same problem about a year ago. Got around it by re-downloading the trial version using a different e-mail address. The trick worked then...dunno about now. Avoid scams that involve paying over sums of money (however small, odds are they're trying to get credit card details). Good luck.

Edit: SORRY. didn't see Deceifer's post while I was writing. My advice still stands though.

Advertisement