Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

esb meter key

Options
  • 08-03-2010 3:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭

Hi,
    Anyone have a suggestion where in the city centre I could buy a key to open the ESB meter?
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭spender.j

Woodies, atlantic homecare, O'Tooles on eyre st, basically any DIY or hardware store should have them, can also get a 4 armed multi key for a variety of household applications...

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I have one here, only used 2-3 times.
    A bargain at 25 euro ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭mazthespark

go to an electrical wholesalers and ask for one will prob give you one for free or ask any electrician probably has hundreds of em i know i have a few neway ha

• Registered Users Posts: 5,902 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

Pair of narrow pliers does the job nicely.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭jenny retro

i second the narrow pliers. or even a scissors or tweezers if you can get a good grip on them. no point buying one, you only have to give the thing a half turn to open it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

ESB will send you one out in the mail for free.

Otherwise, fantastic reason to be on speaking terms with your neighbours. Chances are someone has one you could borrow for 5 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

I spotted these in Tesco (Not the supermarket, the other place in the Galway Shopping Centre down by the restaurant - homeware?) priced at €2.54.

Advertisement