Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

utility bills

Options
  • 08-03-2010 3:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hi,

We are soon going to be renting a house for the first time. We are trying to work out our out goings as best as possible! Could anyone tell me a rough estimate of gas and electricity bills for a 2 bedroom house? I know everyone is different, just trying to het a fair idea.:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

Hi,

We are soon going to be renting a house for the first time. We are trying to work out our out goings as best as possible! Could anyone tell me a rough estimate of gas and electricity bills for a 2 bedroom house? I know everyone is different, just trying to het a fair idea.:)

How many people is sharing? Generally works out at 60 per person, ish. May be a bit cheaper throughout the summer etc.

One thing I would recommend highly is switching to Airtricity. Trust me, I've been paying bills long enough to know they are definitely cheaper than ESB.

Bord Gais are looking for a €200 deposit initially and then bill as usual and at present Airtricity don't do Gas services but say it should happen in a couple of months.

Good luck with the new move.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 xxxsnowy07xxx

There are just the 2 of us. And no-one is in the house from 8 - 5 everyday!

I think at the moment the gas and electricity is with bord gais which ive heard is also cheaper than esb!

Thanks for the reply thats a lot better than what i've been hearing. Some people are saying there gas bills are 3 and 4 hundred euro which i thought was a bit much!
    :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen

There are just the 2 of us. And no-one is in the house from 8 - 5 everyday!

I think at the moment the gas and electricity is with bord gais which ive heard is also cheaper than esb!

Thanks for the reply thats a lot better than what i've been hearing. Some people are saying there gas bills are 3 and 4 hundred euro which i thought was a bit much!
    :eek:
    We (4 people) share a large 4 bed house with terrible insulation and the heating's been on most evenings for about 6 hours since December, and our bills (gas and esb combined) are clocking in at about 200-250 a month.
    I've no idea how people who aren't there in the daytime could run up a bill twice that, if anything I thought we were somewhere towards the pricier end given that we've poorly insulated windows, walls, roof.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 xxxsnowy07xxx

Thats great thanks. So i should be covered if i keep €400-€500 every two months for bills.:D

Its so hard trying to budget everything for the first time as i haven't got a clue how much is "normal" to be paying!

Advertisement