Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BC2 Vehicles

Options
  • 08-03-2010 3:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭

Liking the balanced armoury, with the tanks being not too strong, but the ability to repair it makes up for it. Also, that in most of the maps, the terrain is not too flat, stopping tank rushes.

Having a lot of fun with the water. In BF2, unless you were in the "road" part of the water, you'd blow up, in BC2, there's a lot of shallow water where tanks (and quads) can drive around wieth easy.

The way that the one-man speed boat things cannot be pushed back into the water if you beach them by accident (or not) reminds me of some VC boats in BFV.

Have been playing a lot of the conquer mode, with battles often ending close, some 0-1, some 0-60 or so. The "game ending" horns are a nice motivator.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Gaunty

the_syco wrote: »
    The "game ending" horns are a nice motivator.

I hate that horn with the intensity of a thousand burning suns. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

I think peeps with all the options turned up are at a big disadvantage with this game. I mean if you are tanking and being the gunner and the tank fires you can see nothing with all the smoke n ****.....better off turning down the effects to see more.

The sounds again from the tanks are great, not a fan of armour would prefer to "CUT A MANS THROAT" that blow him up from a mile away. But the destructable walls etc are a huge plus with this game.

Gonna hook up my Saitek X52 pros and get that chopper PWN'ing

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭steve_

I agree that horn wrecks my head, like i wouldnt mind if both teams heard it but having the losing only hear it puts them at a further disadvantage cause you cant hear enemies approaching.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Wonda-Boy wrote: »

Gonna hook up my Saitek X52 pros and get that chopper PWN'ing

Good luck to ye !
    I was expecting to do the same, managed to configure my joystick to work properly (had to reverse the polarity on the twist bind to get the YAW goin the right way)

With over 300+ hours clocked in choppers in BF2 I'd consider myself quite decent, but these ones handle like Tractors compared to them.
    Add to that No TV missile, no flares (from what I can tell) and then being shot down so quick by a tank MG its ridiculous.
    Whereas in BF2 you will get people STILL whoring the planes and choppers, I noticed that noone even got into the choppers on the servers I was on :o

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭steve_

yeah choppers are allot less powerful, i dont think theyve flares though cause it seems no weapons can lock on to the choppers

• Advertisement

**** man....seriously.

But that is not such a bad thing....there is nothing worse then getting raped by a nut sack in a chopper. Having said that some of the boys from [TiG] where quite good in the chopper last night. Maybe as you clock up the hours or kills in the chopper you will get special unlocks and abilities.

No T.V missiles is a good thing or you would have that old problem with peeps hovering on the edge of the maps and raping like good o'

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

In sayin that, there was 1 map where some dude landed a chopper on top a hill and just sat in gunner seat raping ppl, while his mate sat repairing it.

But no, they aren't really as good as TF2, a lot less agile. You won't be doing any 360's or inverted 1080's etc.

Also, in BF2 I was used to being able to remove the cockpit view to see more, but in this if you "free look" you lose control of moving the chopper, so your stuck with a lot of clutter tbh.

All my 300 hours seem to count for nothing atm, I'll try figure a strat later to bceome a king of the skies again.

Oh..and If i'm not mistaken, there are NO jets :(

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Oh..and If i'm not mistaken, there are NO jets :(
    Have yet to come across a map large enough to use a jet properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Chorcai

I thought the choppers were going to be fun, but they are so weak in other wrods set up for console players... this BFBC2 is a pre BF3 IMO, infantry wise that is.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

Chorcai wrote: »
    I thought the choppers were going to be fun, but they are so weak in other wrods set up for console players... this BFBC2 is a pre BF3 IMO, infantry wise that is.

I like the fact that the heli isn't ruling the battlefield like it did in BF2. :D
    steve_ wrote: »
    yeah choppers are allot less powerful, i dont think theyve flares though cause it seems no weapons can lock on to the choppers

Dart gun + rpg = dead chopper

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

R0ot wrote: »
    Dart gun + rpg = dead chopper
    There is seemingly a heat seeking rocket launcher... maybe you have to unlock the flares?

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭BeansBeans

Its actually a guided rocket launcher, it does have heat seeking in its description, unfortunately it states that its a heat seeking missile modified to accommodate a guidance system. Very nice rocket launcher it is too. The 3rd engi unlock. Eh if thats actually what youre talking about :p

I have it all to look forward to. Have finished the Medic so now to unlock the Engi kit me thinks.....this will be like BF2 where you leave the sniper till last to get the hours to work up the gold medal.....:P

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭BeansBeans

Ah the engineer is a lot of fun i have to say :D the AK74su is a beautiful gun with optical sight and SMG training. And the karl gustav for blowing huge chunks of buildings away :D.

About the sniper kit though, i havent played it much since beta but it was a really easy class to play. Despite the fact it has retained bullet drop its a lot kinder than BF2 sniping.
    Also you can just go with a saiga semi auto shotgun and 12g sobot ammo and some c4 for some chaotic fun.

The very 1st gun you have when you start the Engi class is lethal as is!!!! But I will keep the medic class for ranking up and start to expand the other classes......

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

I remember that gun from the beta and it was useless, now I use it almost exclusively. I've tried to tell the lads about it but they refuse to believe me, It's even better with the heavier bullet perk, definitely my favourite weapon so far.

I think it has alot to do with the "SIGHTS" I mean with the next unlock for Engi the SCAR L I think when zoomed up the sights are TERRIBLE. And shooting from the hip is a NO GO for me unless some nigga jump out around the corner then its "SQUEAKY BUM" time...and you rattle of 50 bullets and hit once!

TBH I find alot of the guns in the game very familiar and the later unlocks not all that good. Well some of them have there uses but what keeps peeps playing this is that if they play it long enough they are gonna get the UBER weapons.....Meh? Very samey and the 1st ones are just as good, most of the time....unless you a sniper after the them CANNON RIFLES that would take down a JUMBO JET.

I use Medic alot and my favorite weapon is by far the M60 and thats only half way down the list.....

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,665 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Im using the engineer shotgun all the time now--think its the 3rd or 4th unlock.Probably the only weapon that Im actually getting a decent k/d ratio with.1 shot kill for a headshot and 2 for anything else even at a bit of distance.

Must look into that....is it an unlocked weapon or the "Segna" jobbie. Have to say when you are not in the humour for a full tactical battle the Squad Deathmatch is a great way to try out new weapons etc.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Saiga shotgun ?

You have to keep a cool head when using it and not pump all rounds into the one guy.

I tend to jum into the middle of a bunch of people, knife the first person, crouch and pump 2/3 torso shots per person into whoever is left.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,665 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Ponster wrote: »
    Saiga shotgun ?

You have to keep a cool head when using it and not pump all rounds into the one guy.

I tend to jum into the middle of a bunch of people, knife the first person, crouch and pump 2/3 torso shots per person into whoever is left.

Thats the one alright.Combined with the at mines its great at taking tanks down.
    Throw mine onto top of tank after sneaking up on it--back off a bit and shoot the mine.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Hellrazer wrote: »
    Thats the one alright.Combined with the at mines its great at taking tanks down.
    Throw mine onto top of tank after sneaking up on it--back off a bit and shoot the mine.

Are mines on tanks activated by movement like in BF2 ?

Are mines on tanks activated by movement like in BF2 ?

Think you have to actually drive over them.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Hellrazer wrote: »
    Think you have to actually drive over them.

yeah you do. i seen a few of them go off last night on TiG. i lolled so hard

Saiga shotgun ?

PONSO...AKA John McClane....LMAO ;)

Advertisement