Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cant find network??

Options
  • 08-03-2010 4:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭

my girlfriend got a lenovo laptop at christmas time. the wireless was working fine and then one day when she turned it on it wouldnt find our connection.

it will find all other networks around the estate but not our home one. yet my laptop, mobile phone, xbox 360 and ps3 all connect no problem. she sent it back to lenovo but its now returned saying they couldnt find any problem and it connected fine to their network.
    the laptop will connect fine with ethernet cable but not wirelessly.

does anyone have any ideas what might be wrong?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Did you try changing the wireless channel on the router? Also try changing the name.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭hunggar

im not too technically minded so not really sure what you mean.
    sorry but can you explain how i do that?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Couldnt be the channel if all the rest if the wireless devices are connecting fine ??

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

It could be channel as some of the American wireless cards do not see higher channels.

The reason I suggested changing the name and channel is that it is possible to tell the laptop to ignore certain networks and I was just wondering if this option had been accidentally picked at some stage.

What router/modem are you using?

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭hunggar

ill have to check. i know it a belkin router but will have to check which one.

• Advertisement
Advertisement