Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I run it?

Options
  • 08-03-2010 4:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭

I've been really enjoying BC2 on the 360, but I have quite a lot of pc gamer friends and would like to play with them. I'm just wondering how well my pc will be able to handle it?

My specs are

8800GT 512MB
    AMD 6000+ 3.0GHZ dual core
    3gb ram
    windows xp
    My monitor resolution is 1920x1080, which I imagine will be a big factor.

I dont wanna be chugging around with 20 fps, I cant stand playing in anything below 30-40. Would like to be able to run it at pretty decent settings. The canyourunit website says my pc meets the minimum requirements, but I've heard quite a few fps horror stories this past few weeks.

Any help appreciated!

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Providing you'll have no network issues, you'll run it no problem, though with only XP you won't get the full benefit of the DX11 graphics (DiCE say that it's really just a shadow/lightening enhancement).

Useful thread here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭death1234567

Ponster wrote: »
    though with only XP you won't get the full benefit of the DX11 graphics (DiCE say that it's really just a shadow/lightening enhancement).
    I might be wrong but I'm pretty sure his card doesn't support DX11 anyway so even if he had vista/win 7 he'd only have the DX 10 version at best.

EDIT: You probably meant DX 10 as that's not on XP...:o

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Well dont want to be "Negative Ned" here but he will run it but not NO PROBLEM.

You will have to lower the settings in game as you are running a fairly high res with a medium spec card at best, to get the FPS up to where you find acceptable, but it would be worth it. You have an old CPU and the GPU has seen better days....but you will have to sacrifice a little and you will gain alot....as its great on the PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭#Daniel

Thanks for the info. I might try and get the loan of my friends steam account and see how it runs to be sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭Tyrant^

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=148199

Thats beta ...the game is performing allot better since beta

With my old specs (Dual core 3.6ghz , GTX 285 , 8GB Ram) I was getting 30-40 FPS with low settings in beta. Now with new i7 4ghz everything on high 90+ FPS.

• Advertisement
Advertisement