Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Canon efs 17- 85 IS Problem

• 08-03-2010 4:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,256 ✭✭✭

Have this week off work and headed out this morning across the fields and cliff tops with my camera and lens'.

Much to my disappointment When I had the lens set to 17mm the camera was showing lens error 01 - clean the contacts which I did. It focused fine over 30mm but each time I went back to 17mm the same message re occured I tried my 55-250 and it worked fine. Can anyone throw any light on this for me?

Thanks in advance
    LeoB

N.B Have just tried a few shot at home and it was ok for 4 of them but then the same err 01

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

I had that same problem with my 17-85 before but I corrected it by cleaning
    the contacts. I don't know really what else u can do tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,256 ✭✭✭LeoB

Thank you for reply. I am hopping mad with it as its one of my favourite lens'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35 Hopr

Its possible that the IS system is at fault and may need replacing. You could try checking the screws on the Lens mount, they could be loose.

Hopr.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Kazujo

I had this problem a few months back, it turned out the diaphragm had failed. I sent it to these guys www.fixationuk.com as they were the only ones to give guesstimate without seeing the lens.

At the time I think it cost about €160 including shipping and it took about 6 days all in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,256 ✭✭✭LeoB

Am having a woeful run of luck at moment and I think I take good care of my gear. My Sigma 70-200 f2.8 is off to England at end of this week as it wont autofocus, £120 stg. Mothers day this week, Wedding anniversary and my good wifes birthday the following week, oh the pain.

I am bringing it back to Conns tomorrow as I have it less than a year and hopefully they will be as good to me as when I was buying it.

Thank you folks for the replies.
    LeoB

• Advertisement
Advertisement