Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why are phones/plans so expensive in Ireland?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭jojo86

IKnowYou wrote: »
    In my opinion:
    1. People that do not want to work (note: I don't say can't work) on social welfare could easily afford 45/month plans + 329 for the phone.

Firstly, I need to address this foolish comment. People that do not want to work? Excuse me??!! I am dying to work, I am constantly putting out CVs, I try my hardest there just happens to be a lack of work so do not dare use that kind of language when referring to those of us unlucky enough to be stuck on the social welfare. Yeah, some people love being on social welfare but I can guarantee that 99% hate it, hate themselves everyday because of it. Next You dont say can't work. Well guess what as I assume you are referring to jobseekers welfare then just so you know only people who Can or are eligible to work can receive it. And finally, you try live on a social welfare payment for a week; pay every bill you have, pay for petrol to go get the money/sign on/look for a job,pay tax,pay insurance,pay NCT, pay rent, pay for food etc etc then see how easily you can afford a 45 p/m plan.

Next, regarding phone bills in Ireland. They are a joke with O2 the ultimate jokers. Im with O2, they have robbed me. Now the phone I want is exclusive to them. Meteor and other networks offer waaay better price plans. The data with O2 is a joke. So i contacted them, asked how come other networks offer similar deals at better prices, threatened to leave them-Guess what they don't care. They still get their exclusives (HTC Sensation XE is what I want;its available on all networks in UK only O2 here? I blame the other networks for not fighting for it). See I do stand up to companies, I do tell them what I think etc....not many do though, that's part of the problem. Now Im just hoping I can get the XE with O2 in Carphone Warehouse so I can at least trade in my old phone...Yes Irish companies are robbers....thats all there is to say really.
    But quick question could I buy a Bill phone and have a contract with a UK company here?If I did it all online?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Did you really need to reply to a two year old thread? :confused:

Did you really need to reply to a two year old thread? :confused:

I'm so sorry. I didn't actually pass any heed of the date straight away but happened up this via Google as it concerns an issue I currently have. I clearly had as much reason to reply to this thread as you had to comment on what I did. Did you really need to find this post and then post something pointless under it??!! Well nicer people may come across this and wish to take up the issue again or maybe they would redirect me to a newer post...
    Not you though-you are the boards police,sarcastic and confused. Well go you! You rock!!!...........

I didn't go looking for this thread, I got an email notification saying something had been posted to it.

There's no need to reply to old posts, it'd make more sense to start a new thread with whatever question you had instead of reviving dead threads.

Well I get notifications the whole time about new posts. I either ignore or go onto the forum if it's something I can help with. I always attempt to offer help to people regardless of when the forum was started. Why you couldn't just say that the thread was old and may be think of starting a new one? Why the need to be a bit ignorant about it? Or ignore it. Why not just ignore??!!!!

• Advertisement

I came on to the thread for that very reason. I was bewildered to see you replying to a comment made about social welfare two years ago hence my comment.

In any case, as for your question I'd have to say that you're suggesting isn't possible. For one, regardless of whether you sign up online or in-store you'll still need a valid UK address and proof of residency and secondly, unless you live in the UK there's absolutely no point in getting a UK contract and line as you won't have any service here in Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

Raising a zombie thread - Silly.

Having a conversation on the merits thereof - idiotic.

Closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement