Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Giovanni Trapattoni: Nigeria? I Prefer Ireland

• 08-03-2010 5:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭

http://www.goal.com/en/news/1863/world-cup-2010/2010/03/08/1823597/giovanni-trapattoni-nigeria-i-prefer-ireland
    Giovanni Trapattoni: Nigeria? I Prefer Ireland

The Ireland boss admits he would prefer to stay with Ireland...

By Salvatore Landolina

Mar 8, 2010 3:45:00 PM

Giovanni Trapattoni - Ireland (PA)

Ireland coach Giovanni Trapattoni has distanced himself from reports linking him with a summer job as Nigeria coach.

The Eagles are looking for someone to guide them through the World Cup after they sacked Shaibu Amodu last month.

But Trapattoni doesn't seem convinced, even though he likes the idea.

"Yes, Nigeria is a possibility and it's a good proposition, but we must not forget that I still have two years on my contract with Ireland," he told Malindakenya.net.

"I like Ireland even more as a team and we saw that we played a good game against a great Brazil team.

"I have built something important, and so if there is a lack of alternative and serious projects then I will stay in Dublin."

I especially like the last bit. Well, if there's nothing better really I'll stick with Ireland.:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Ush1 wrote: »
    I especially like the last bit. Well, if there's nothing better really I'll stick with Ireland.:D
    Yeah, it hardly makes us think that he's actually that interested in his current job. Hopefully it was a misquote.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Pro. F wrote: »
    Yeah, it hardly makes us think that he's actually that interested in his current job. Hopefully it was a misquote.

Hopefully, and while I'm not inferring anything, it looks like the Kenyan version of The Sun. http://www.malindikenya.net/:p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

That quote is probably right. Who wouldn't move on for something better in any walk of life. Luckily enough what Trap has is very good. Lotsa $$$, can live in Italy, no pressure and a committed squad.

Trap is goin nowhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

CHD wrote: »
    That quote is probably right. Who wouldn't move on for something better in any walk of life. Luckily enough what Trap has is very good. Lotsa $$$, can live in Italy, no pressure and a committed squad.

Trap is goin nowhere.

Neither are we.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

redout wrote: »
    Neither are we.
    I wouldn't go anywhere with you anyway :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

CHD wrote: »

Trap is goin nowhere.

If it isn't misquoted, it's a terrible PR exercise. He may think he has rebuffed Nigeria but he has actually alienated Ireland at the same time. Even if it's what he feels, don't say it publicly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Ush1 wrote: »
    Hopefully, and while I'm not inferring anything, it looks like the Kenyan version of The Sun. http://www.malindikenya.net/:p

Are you kidding?? There's got to be at least 1000 words on that homepage, and only 2 pictures of women in bikinis....

Advertisement