Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First smile

Options
  • 08-03-2010 5:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭

I was lying down beside my 6 week old daughter yesterday morning and she smiled at me for a second and let out a little coo afterwards. What a feeling! Don't think much else in this world will be able to beat that..

Just wanted to share that moment!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

Its the most special feeling, my lad is 9 weeks old now and sometimes i can make him laugh and giggle, it just makes you feel so proud l!! :D

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

My little guy smiled while looking at us last week, the day before yesterday after a bout og colicky crying he just stopped and had a little giggle at his parents who were doing their best to comfort him. Sent me over the edge and I was blubbing. He's feeling a bit better today and we're getting lots of laughs out of him, he's such a lovely little man. <3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

It gets better. And better. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

stovelid wrote: »
    It gets better. And better. ;)

:D yeah until they turn 11 and hormones start kicking in and they look at you like you're an eejit... ah the joys:D:rolleyes: hahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Deliverance

cbyrd wrote: »
    :D yeah until they turn 11 and hormones start kicking in and they look at you like you're an eejit... ah the joys:D:rolleyes: hahaha

Thinking the same myself. I'll make the most of it while I can. That first smile can turn into the first scowl.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

The first smile is amazing. I thought nothing could beat it until I watched my son (2) making my daughter (0.5) laugh which just about topped it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

First tantrum in a supermarket to come well before that.. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

kevin_the_teenager.jpg

Advertisement