Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

scary dream about afterlife.

Options
  • 08-03-2010 5:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭

Last night I dreamt that me and about 10 other people, some of whom I knew, were in a room together with a man with a gun. Strangely, I was male, although I'm female in real life. He decided to shoot me and 3 of my friends. He shot each of them in the head and shot me in the neck. I could barely feel any pain and was still alive, but I was scared that something worse would happen or that I'd be in pain soon, so I begged the gunman to shoot me in the head so I'd be put of my misery before I could feel pain. He shot me in the head but I didn't feel it and I didn't die. My friends who'd been shot weren't dead either, so I turned to one and said, "Isn't it weird that we've been shot but I don't feel any pain and we're not dead?"

To my absolute horror my friend said, "We ARE dead. Take a look around." I looked and saw that the bodies of those of us who had been shot were seperated from our spirits. We were now just our spirits. My mother was in the room, still alive and looked traumatised to see her child dead. I tried to comfort her and sto the gunman from hurting anyone else but my spirit body was like air, it was useless, I couldn't do anything. But I now realised I was suddenly female.

My dead friend told me that after being shot in the neck my body was lying on the floor gurgling. The gunman had shot me in the head to finish me off, he hadn't known I'd asked to be shot in the head because that was my spirit body asking, not my physical one. My friends decided to leave and go back to the house that one of them lived in. They somehow realised that in this afterlife all you had to do to go somewhere as close your eyes and visualise it and you would go there. I clung onto her hand as our spirit bodies travelled, I was terrified I'd get lost and separated from them. When we got there, at first we could see the living people who lived there, and people in the streets but the longer we were dead, the more the living faded from our view and eventually disappeared. Soon we could see the physical world, be in houses, walk down the street etc, but the living were totally invisible to us.

We could see other dead people though, like an old woman putting strips of paper up on the wall, as if it was some kind of protection from something. I asked her what she was doing but she ignored me. I went into the garden and saw my cousin. She had not been shot, but somehow her spirit had got out of her body and her body was still alive somehow. I didn't realise this at first so when I saw her body standing in a deep hole I said "What are you doing?" He body pointed to her spirit on the other side of the garden and said, "I'm over there." Her spirit was also down a hole, but seemed to be having a good time experiencing "spirit stuff" and so ignored me.

Me and my shot friends decided to go on holiday to Amsterdam so we closed our eyes and visualised it. We got there and here we could still see living people going about their business. I was still shocked and scared that I was dead and was really disappointed at how mundane the afterlife was, and scared that no spirits had come to tell us if it would be like this forever or not. I watched the people of Amsterdam walking around and thought, "If they knew how horrible the afterlife is, and how scary it is to be dead, I wonder if they would carry on living such mundane lives or if they'd make a change now?"

Then I started waking up and can't remember if anything else happened. What does it mean?

Advertisement