Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky Fest - March 13th 2010

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Should be good.

But how do you "curate" a soundtrack ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 StayDown

Liam Byrne wrote: »
    Should be good.

I asked myself that question aswell :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

Curate can mean to select or organize. So Jenny Green did that with songs to create a soundtrack.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭georgem25

Should be a good evening. Looking forward to it! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Stan the man

StayDown wrote: »
    Anyone Going?

http://www.stpatricksfestival.ie/cms/events_skyfest.html

Looks like it could be good.

I'm going for sure and I'm taking a camera. :eek::D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭cyberspi

would love to bring the smallies to this but am afraid it might be a bit cold or possibly wet for them. anyone got a suggestion of a place to go where you'd be able to park up and still see the fireworks?

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭tierney2

What would be a good pub to watch it from? Clem Smiths?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭sioda

Claws would be a good place to watch it i'd say

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Icky Thump

cyberspi wrote: »
    would love to bring the smallies to this but am afraid it might be a bit cold or possibly wet for them. anyone got a suggestion of a place to go where you'd be able to park up and still see the fireworks?

its been sunny the l;ast couple of days. in fact not 1 cloud in the sky:D

here the forecast for you. itll be cloudy but more a less the same as today. very small chance of rain.
    http://www.weather-forecast.com/locations/Limerick/forecasts/latest
    http://weather.ie.msn.com/tenday.aspx?wealocations=wc:EIXX0026
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/weather/forecast/2557
    http://www.weatheronline.ie/Ireland/Limerick/Day5to8.htm
    http://www.holiday-weather.com/limerick/five-day-forecast.html

im satrting to think the weather forecasts are just made up. they dont even have a way of testing it. they just sit round the office and spout numbers:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Liam Byrne wrote: »
    Should be good.

Well we had a Curate in our Parish - so maybe it means that the music touches you in intrusive and unwanted ways?

- Only joking, looking forward to this - hopefully it will all go well :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭cyberspi

thanks icky Thump, but its been freezing every night so I'm hesitant about bringing out the 1yr old at bedtime, might just have stay at home with her and get other half to bring the older one..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭CCSL

Looks like there will a really big display judging from the number of launchers already setup outside city hall. I was talking to one of the Riggers and he said that there were still 2 truckload due to arrive at the staging area!

Dont miss this one we probably wont see a show this big for quite a while!
    :cool:
    IMGP1577.JPG

IMGP1636.JPG

More photos up on My Blog - Skyfest Limerick

nice investigative photos CCSL ;)

that looks like a hell of alot of fireworks :eek:

I hope Jenny Greene included Song for Willie O'Dea by the Rubberbandits in the soundtrack :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭clarelad

anyone know what time the fireworks kick off at? should be good :)

clarelad wrote: »
    anyone know what time the fireworks kick off at? should be good :)

http://www.stpatricksfestival.ie/cms/events_skyfest.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭CCSL

They ran through the final checks last night. The Castle will also be light up tonight. Today they ran the speakers and amps with remote connections to each of the bridges. Lots of wattage out there!!
    Its gonna be loud!! - Big Screen setup at the potato market and the stage is at Arthurs Quay. They are setup for big crowds and even have portaloos on hand!!

IMGP4754.JPG

SkyfestPreperations#5448123030738083634

IMGP4760.JPG

IMGP4765.JPG

I love my 300MM Lens!!

See you there!! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

It has the potential to be spectacular, looking fwd to it actually.

4-5 fireworks launched in the past minute:confused: Whats that all about. It is not supposed to start until 7.30pm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭whatdoicare

Wow, just watching it on telly and Limerick is really looking fantastic! Very proud!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,978 ✭✭✭445279.ie

Must have been giving out free green hats :D

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭sineadgalway

just watched it from apartment roof, pretty spectacular.....good to have something positive for a change

Bit underwhelming compared to previous years. I am sure it was great to be standing near King John Castle alright but I was watched the first 5 minutes on TV and had to turn it off. All that background imagery overlapping the fireworks was doing my head in. Went outside and had a great view of the city from a distance. Looked much better but I thought it would be 20minutes at least. 15 minutes is better than nothing I suppose but I think it looked better when they had it in Dublin. Glad to see something like this coming to Limerick all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Skuxx

RonMexico wrote: »
    I was watched the first 5 minutes on TV and had to turn it off. All that background imagery overlapping the fireworks was doing my head in.

Have to agree there, it was a fcuking disaster the way it was shown on television!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Dumdum McCarthy

RonMexico wrote: »
    Bit underwhelming compared to previous years. I am sure it was great to be standing near King John Castle alright but I was watched the first 5 minutes on TV and had to turn it off. All that background imagery overlapping the fireworks was doing my head in. Went outside and had a great view of the city from a distance. Looked much better but I thought it would be 20minutes at least. 15 minutes is better than nothing I suppose but I think it looked better when they had it in Dublin. Glad to see something like this coming to Limerick all the same.

I too tryed to watch it on tv like Ron said the over-lapping of Irish mountains and sea cliffs was way too over powering.
    Looked awful when they did that,but when they showed the castle and fireworks on there own looked great. Pity they wrecked the tv show by adding all that backround crap,it was hard to even see the kids in the crowd that the cameras were showing.So i hope people made it to the real thing because it would have been great,well done limerick. RTE let us down once again.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Saw it on my way in to work from Raheen to Castletroy - looked amazing!!

Just had a look at previous years shows on youtube and there is none of that smaltzy $hite overlapping the fireworks. Nice one RTE you shower of clowns.

I hope everyone that went in to see the fireworks enjoyed them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭MissHoneyBun

Just back from it, was great! And a lovely atmosphere around tonight as a result.

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭lasno

Yes, was a great show. Glad I went along to see it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

It was worth seeing though I wouldn't be going over the top in praising it.

Advertisement