Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky Fest - March 13th 2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Lad I work with was over half hour late because he couldnt get past the traffic and restrictions put in place because of it ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭shoppergal

Went in to see it, thought it was great. As said above there was a nice atmosphere around as well which was great.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Lobsterlady

I thought it was excellent. A great free nights entertainment for me and the kids. Watched it just opposite King John's Castle, by the Curraghgower Pub (had my plastic glass of vino tinto in hand!). My kids were amazed by it, as was I. I thought it was well organised, lots of families out and about enjoying it. We need more of this!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭CCSL

IMGP1757.JPG

IMGP1699.JPG

IMGP4793.JPG:)

IMGP4840.JPG

More over on My site
    :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭MissHoneyBun

Wow, they're stunning CCSL. You take a good shot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭missyfirefly

Couldn't go cos I'm sick but RTE made an awful dogs dinner of the coverage.

Why they couldn't just keep the camera pointed at the fireworks without any overlapping images.

The programme looked like it was produced by an amature!

I've been at this event for the last few years and I'm sure those who were there would've had a ball! I love the pix also folks, keep posting them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭electron

great photos. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Builderfromhell

Brilliant photos there.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭supermommy

The fireworks were lovely!
    The traffic was not so lovely!
    The tv coverage looked weird from what I saw...it was good to see people out with their families.

The pics above are great :)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,310 ✭✭✭✭phog

Here's a few of mine.

C2917F922FC246B78B9645D15CFF3B00-800.jpg

0AFA82110C5B424E87EAAA3585E5F064-800.jpg

44C0764EE8134573AB75BE1B3ECD5782-800.jpg

9DA8439B583449E18B31E3F8287AD064-800.jpg

95890E5EA88B4F059EA918E32EC186A0-800.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Van Occupanther

Watched it from my front garden, looked good but the pics from town look amazing. Good to see something positive here. As for it not being as impressive when it was in Dublin, I'd have to agree but then I assume they don't have the same budget as before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭CCSL

Thanks for all the nice comments!!:D

IMGP1746.JPG

IMGP1724.JPG

IMGP1758.JPG

872DE7B41D6245FB9A68AAB945887E03-800.jpg

7F3604A404094FD0815D3D91F52A54A5-800.jpg

4B4F6F54EBF54D35B4A42E868DC4E542-800.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,978 ✭✭✭445279.ie

Fabulous pictures guys, thanks

Much better than the sh*te on rte :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

CCSL and Phog, some great shots there guys. Both of you really captured some great images of a good evening.

A load of kudos has to go to the National Lottery for bringing this event to Limerick and for splashing the cash to make it happen.

Shannon Development deserve a shout as well for the face painters, jugglers and bands beforehand.

And a shout out to 2FM for the music played during the fireworks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Superb evening, and kudos to all involved!

I was wary of going because I didn't fancy getting stuck in major traffic on a gamble of a damp squib, but I'm damn glad that I went!

Great photos too, lads/lassies!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 961 ✭✭✭TEMPLAR KNIGHT

i was down by the old dunnes, was class very enjoyable i must say

I'm with Kess on this a big thank you to all involved, the cost must have been phenomenal, they have been setting it up since mid-week, the fireworks and lighting must have cost a bomb (pardon the pun) and then the stewarding, street cleaners, street entertainment, search & rescue, and so on, a great night and Limerick looked well.

Thank You to all the agencies and National Lottery for a great night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

Had a nice spot by the Curraghgower pub, great night and good to have something positive about Limerick. Well done to all involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭neo2010

Does anybody else think that the castle looks spectacular with the lights, really adds a pleasant image to the city during the night. They really should be kept and installed there.:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭snowman707

was watching from about 15 miles away out in clare very impressive!

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭bazkennedy

Now that's what i call a fireworks display. Great exposure for the City. More events like this please

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

phog wrote: »

4B4F6F54EBF54D35B4A42E868DC4E542-800.jpg

Why cant the castle be lit up like this all the time? or even just at weekends? itd make coming into the city very cool looking from the other side of the bridge

• Registered Users Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭sioda

krudler wrote: »
    Why cant the castle be lit up like this all the time? or even just at weekends? itd make coming into the city very cool looking from the other side of the bridge

Too expensive and the lights around the castle get the crap literally knocked out of them

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Cherrycoke

Fantastic pics lads :D I really enjoyed it, it was stunning! It would be great to get something like this in the summer aswell. Great atmosphere, and made me really proud of Limerick :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 fizzy cola

We watched it from Arthurs Quay park and have to say the castle and the strand looked great. The fireworks were fantastic. I'm just wondering where were the bands and street entertainment we were promised. We were in the park from about 6 onwards and didn't see anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭knockon

krudler wrote: »

Good point, but the lights installed are temporary and are below the high tide mark.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

fizzy cola wrote: »
    We watched it from Arthurs Quay park and have to say the castle and the strand looked great. The fireworks were fantastic. I'm just wondering where were the bands and street entertainment we were promised. We were in the park from about 6 onwards and didn't see anything.

I saw jugglers and face painters that were making their way through the crowds entertaining people. Did not go up as far as Arthurs Quay park, but I thought that was where Arcana were playing during the fireworks.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭fade2che

Great evening out and about around the town.
    Some nice shots of it all too.

If anyone is interested The Northside Learning Hub is running a photo competition that some of the shots might be eligible for. I say eligible as the shots entered must be taken in a specific area of the city. The winning photos get displayed in a gallery at Thomand Park.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Munster_Gal

Unfortunately I was too hungover to make it out to see the display but the coverage on RTE was excellent.
    I agree to having the castle lit up all the time. It looks fantasic when it is!

Advertisement