Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

M.E/CFS..winter

Options
  • 08-03-2010 6:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭

Is anyone else with this illness finding this ongoing cold causing problems, please?

Symptoms that have not bothered for years have returned recently. Am rock bottom with it.

Just wondered if is it the long winter?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 692 ✭✭✭i-digress

I have fibromyalgia and I found that damp weather is really bad for me. I notice a huge change in my symptoms when its damp. Cold, crisp days on the other hand are fine for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 pollypierce

i-digress wrote: »
    I have fibromyalgia and I found that damp weather is really bad for me. I notice a huge change in my symptoms when its damp. Cold, crisp days on the other hand are fine for me.

Me too! Although I live in a cold house and am too mean to put on the central heating during the day, I dress appropriately for the weather - fingerless gloves & lots of layers from the head down:) are great when using the pc! This said, I'm more inclined to get sore and cranky when the rain is teaming from the heavens than when it's like it is today - bright, cold and crispy!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Interesting but not surprising as ME has other dimensions.

Too much light and stimulation, and also hay fever has already set in somehow.

Your dress sounds like mine; a uniform!!!

UOTE=pollypierce;64826974]Me too! Although I live in a cold house and am too mean to put on the central heating during the day, I dress appropriately for the weather - fingerless gloves & lots of layers from the head down:) are great when using the pc! This said, I'm more inclined to get sore and cranky when the rain is teaming from the heavens than when it's like it is today - bright, cold and crispy![/QUOTE]

Advertisement