Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crossrail. The Megathread

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭BluntGuy

I actually used to live near Ilford, and having a direct connection to Heathrow Airport certainly would've made trips to Ireland (when I wasn't using Stansted) and other countries far easier. It really is an excellent project and as you said incredible from an engineering perspective.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭ClareVisitor

I have been keeping an eye on this development and it will be an excellent piece of kit when complete. Reading a bit more, I'm glad that it will be covered by the existing ticketing system in London and they won't be charging increased prices to use it. Looking back through the thread I see someone mentioned the London-Birmingham high-speed rail link, a fantastic idea as well, but I bet it will cost a fortune to use it as they can make up the prices from nowhere.

It's good that a big project like Crossrail is going on in difficult economic times like these, there must be loads of jobs being kept going because of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭BluntGuy

Having an interesting read through their website and the whole design process, it seems they built an actual life-size mockup of one of the platforms...

http://www.crossrail.co.uk/route/stations/

Advertisement