Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gardai on streets

Options
  • 08-03-2010 6:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭

Couldn't help but to notice more foot patrols and police on bicycles in and around Thomas street and Catherine street on Saturday.
    A most welcome sight. Keep up the good work guys and girls.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

its only because its sunny!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

I mentioned this in the other thread. It is clearly a response to the protest by the city traders last week. The "good work" should have been there all along instead of effectively abandoning the city streets to scum for the past few months. I'll have to wait and see how long it lasts before I'll give them a pat on the back for doing what is their job in the first place.

PS: My concerns are directed at those in charge, not the average Garda on the beat who has to deal with constant abuse because the do-gooders have tied their hands.

Were they actually moving beggers/scobes on or just out for a stroll?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

Mc Love wrote: »
    Were they actually moving beggers/scobes on or just out for a stroll?

I saw them moving beggars last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Well they have gone missing yet again tonight. As I mentioned in another thread, the street my mother lives on near the Crescent shopping centre is riddled with scum passing by and they smash windows on the house and cars most nights. About an hour ago the usual bunch passed and got a few windows on one of house of my mother's neighbour, and then sat on the wall of the house that they did the damage to. Roxboro Gardai were called and surprise suprise still no sign despite the bunch still being in the area.

Maybe it is Garda policy to give the scum enough time to wander away.

• Advertisement

What street?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Just off of Ballinacurra road on the way to the Shopping centre. I know the neighbour with the windows done has gotten in touch with Joe Leddin to see if he can do anything, because the other councillor in their area is Jim Long and he never gets seen unless there is a camera about or an election.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Couldn't help but to notice more foot patrols and police on bicycles in and around Thomas street and Catherine street on Saturday.
    A most welcome sight. Keep up the good work guys and girls.

What time of day or night? Wonder how long a typical PR exercise of this nature runs for?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

They shouldn't just be moving them. There should be at least community support officers offering them treatment for addiction, food, a secure place to sleep. Shameful.

And yes, PR activity to the max. I have been told first hand by one of the homeless guys a couple of years ago about the guards stamping on his fingers in a cell in henry street after being picked up for begging. His hand was all bandaged up and bloody. And no, he never asked me for from money. To be honest he looked on the verge of crying.

They shouldn't just be moving them. There should be at least community support officers offering them treatment for addiction, food, a secure place to sleep. Shameful.

And yes, PR activity to the max. I have been told first hand by one of the homeless guys a couple of years ago about the guards stamping on his fingers in a cell in henry street after being picked up for begging. His hand was all bandaged up and bloody. And no, he never asked me for from money. To be honest he looked on the verge of crying.

Wow - What did those particular little sparkly-eyed, little Kids want to be when they grew up?

- Templemore really needs to review some of its 1939-45 training documents.

• Advertisement

Raiser wrote: »
    Wow - What did that little sparkly eyed little Kid want to be when he grew up?

Firstly it wasn't a kid but a older man. And secondly I guess you are implying he was a heroin addict with the "sparkly eye" comment. No again. He was a homeless man who lived in one of the graveyards in town.

• Registered Users Posts: 903 ✭✭✭bernardo mac

Limerick city centre is rapidly becoming a graveyard,metaphorically speaking,I'm told

Firstly it wasn't a kid but a older man. And secondly I guess you are implying he was a heroin addict with the "sparkly eye" comment. No again. He was a homeless man who lived in one of the graveyards in town.

Sorry, had edited my earlier comment as it wasn't at all clear what I was on about.

- Has this Person made any official complaint?

Raiser wrote: »
    Sorry, had edited my earlier comment as it wasn't at all clear what I was on about.

- Has this Person made any official complaint?

Oh right, sorry I misunderstood you. And no I don't believe he ever did. Think the guy died a few years ago, don't see him around any more.

I doubt any of the homeless fellas would feel comfortable making a complaint and even if they did I am sure the cops would cook up a story for the judge like they always do anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭munstergirl

According to rte + limerick leader massive drugs find last night, 2 people arrested ballysimon road, €300,000 worth,
    Good job gardai!
    Weren't all watching the fireworks :)

Advertisement