Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Party Animal Flatmate (Havent slept properly in days)

Options
  • 08-03-2010 6:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭

Hey guys not sure if this is the right forum, feel free to move.

Me and the OH just signed a years lease in a property in Harolds X. It is a house divided into seperate flats, one above us and one beside us.
    The bloke beside us comes in drunk about 3 out of 5 nights a week and on weekends, he slams the doors drops his keys then me and my OH have to listen to him vomit for hours.
    We started to sleep with ear plugs in but to no avail....he is that noisy.

We both work nights on the weekends and I am up early for college on weekdays.
    Last Saturday he kept us up till 8am blasting Kate bush and singing. Even with earplugs in we could hear him.
    I let it go as we all have parties on weekends you cant really complain but then it continued on Sunday and Monday etc...
    I had an essay to do this weekend and the noise of him was unreal

Under the terms of our lease we are entitled to a quiet house. I was going to say something to the land lord but im worried that might result in some animosity

ANyone else any exp with this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

Yeah I have had flatmates like that. Totally unacceptable.

You should try speaking to him before complaining to the landlord though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭DigiGal

AARRRGH wrote: »
    Yeah I have had flatmates like that. Totally unacceptable.

You should try speaking to him before complaining to the landlord though...
    I will if i can catch him when he isnt pissed lol

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

I posted a thread a few pages back with noisy neighbours; I'm in the attic room and it is only some crappy wood or something seperating our rooms...I could hear their rubbish music and conversations and it became a real joke..
    Went the telling the landlord route; left a message on his machine and left a cd on repeat while we went to college (just as they were going asleep).
    I KID YOU NOT, it worked...they stopped us on our way into the house and apologised, saying it was the 'Ava Maria' song by the Priests which my housemate blared at 9am on saturday morning on repeat which made them realise they had to cop on...

Anyways...my advice firstly is address it with the landlord. You are entitled to peace and quiet in your new home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭fontanalis

I posted a thread a few pages back with noisy neighbours; I'm in the attic room and it is only some crappy wood or something seperating our rooms...I could hear their rubbish music and conversations and it became a real joke..
    Went the telling the landlord route; left a message on his machine and left a cd on repeat while we went to college (just as they were going asleep).
    I KID YOU NOT, it worked...they stopped us on our way into the house and apologised, saying it was the 'Ava Maria' song by the Priests which my housemate blared at 9am on saturday morning on repeat which made them realise they had to cop on...

Anyways...my advice firstly is address it with the landlord. You are entitled to peace and quiet in your new home.

Yeah, wait until the muppet is dying of a hangover and make him suffer. It's the only thing that people that are as thick as a ditch understand.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,387 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I'm not sure that engaging in similar behaviour is acceptable, I presume you have mutual neighbours.

He's not your flatmate unless he shares a flat with you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Always better to go via the landlord; add to him that with this man's drinking etc the place must be in a terrible state...

Advertisement