Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Selling your home? Selling your contents?

Options
  • 08-03-2010 6:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭

Hi Folks.

I head from a friend recently that they were passing by an estate agent sign in a housing estate and they noticed a few people going in and comeing out. They checked it out and realised they stumbled across an auction of contents. The people in the house were emergrating and obv were not going to bring the dishwasher on the plane.

Has anyone heard of this? Has anyone any idea if all estate agents do this? Granted I think it would be dreadful to buy someones furnature who had been repossesed but I am figuring even these people will take it to the new place they are going if they can.

My reason for curiosity is that there was a couple there picked up the washing machine for 50 euro. Not a bad bargin...

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,950 ✭✭✭Milk & Honey

It happens quite a lot. Some people send the entire contents to an auction house. There are three weekly auctions in Dublin. Some advertise in buy and sell. some get in an auctioneer. I have been to two such sales on the same road. Both were after the owners had died. Quite often bargains can be got.

Advertisement