Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It's Yet Another Metallica Thread

Options
  • 08-03-2010 7:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭

Okay then guys and girls. This topic has come up a few times so let us see what the general consensus is.

Should all Metallica discussions be combined into one superthread? 60 votes

Yes
    0%
    No
    85%
    entropitony 2 tonesmackbunnybabyPyr0fortunegZombienoshPatricideRoanmoreSomnusbigbadconGLaDOSRockeecedominationlord lucanflukeGhostInTheRuinsCatari Jaguarbuck65chin_grinscudzilla 51 votes
    Maybe. I don't know. Can you repeat the question?
    15%
    Sir Digby Chicken CaesarKarl HungusNIBBSIamMetaldaveviper123Minstrel27TEMPLAR KNIGHTPeterIanStakerJemmaa 9 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

No
    yeah, for sure

I love the band and have seen 'em dozens of times but startin a new thread everytime Lars farts gets a bit much, i say whack it all into 1 big thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

No
    Yes.

It should also be stickied so that anyone new to the forum sees the thread, might avoid a million and one OMG WOWS ST ANGER IS LIEK CRAP threads..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

No
    scudzilla wrote: »
    yeah, for sure

I love the band and have seen 'em dozens of times but startin a new thread everytime Lars farts gets a bit much, i say whack it all into 1 big thread

What he said!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

There should be two threads. One for Metallica fans, and one for metallica "fans" who dont like anything they've done since the 80's.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

No
    Gerard.C wrote: »
    There should be two threads. One for Metallica fans, and one for metallica "fans" who dont like anything they've done since the 80's.
    Oh that will go down well :D

I agree anyway, nothing to be said about them that hasn't been said already

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

Maybe. I don't know. Can you repeat the question?
    although it is annoying the stupid threads that are popping up over and over again about how people used to like them but they are crap now....blah blah blah......
    I don't think one all encompassing thread is the answer - that way any serious/informative posts will just disappear into the ether of crap.......but I suppose that seems to happen anyway, more people seem to want to post about bands they apparently have no interest in here nowadays rather than discussing what they like or are listening to these days....

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

No
    I voted yes, just so there is less threads for me to ignore :P

Shame this wont stop the odd derailing of a topic into the merits or demerits of Metallica, but hey, not everything is perfect :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭MickShamrock

No
    Yes. Sick of all the Metallica threads.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

No
    metallica_their_money.jpg

harvesters of $orrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

I will leave the poll up for another few days but it's interesting that there's already a 80% - 20% in favour of a superthread. I had expected it to be a bit more evenly split.

• Advertisement

No
    Malice_ wrote: »
    I will leave the poll up for another few days but it's interesting that there's already a 80% - 20% in favour of a superthread. I had expected it to be a bit more evenly split.

Ordinarily you'd find an even split but in this case i think "non-Metallica" fans are voting yes in the hopes a super-thread will put an end to the proliferation of Metallica threads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

No
    Well it certainly seemed to work with the Pearl Jam fans where they have kept all their news/reviews/chat to one thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

No
    lord lucan wrote: »
    Ordinarily you'd find an even split but in this case i think "non-Metallica" fans are voting yes in the hopes a super-thread will put an end to the proliferation of Metallica threads.

No, I'm just sick and tired of seeing "metallica" come up regularly in the R&M forum. There are other (better) bands than 'tallica! I wish people would see that! Now I'm off to create ten Meshuggah threads......dodeedoo. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭GrizzlyMan

No
    chin_grin wrote: »
    No, I'm just sick and tired of seeing "metallica" come up regularly in the R&M forum. There are other (better) bands than 'tallica! I wish people would see that! Now I'm off to create ten Meshuggah threads......dodeedoo. :pac:

Couldnt agree more!! Every other week theres alway something about them or megadeth seriously:mad:

lord lucan wrote: »
    Are there that many non-Metallica fans on here? Irrespective of what they released later, surely as rock/metal fans we can all agree at the very least that Ride the Lightning and Master of Puppets are masterpieces?
    chin_grin wrote: »
    Now I'm off to create ten Meshuggah threads......dodeedoo. :pac:
    Just one will be enough :).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

No
    I would argue there are hardly any non-Metallica fans on this board! Nearly everyone here in their life has listened to and appreciated Metallica.
    The driver here is the re-treading of old ground in threads.

For that reason I feel a super thread may be the answer and if something warrants a new thread with regard to Metallica maybe the mods can make a call on it?

No
    Are there that many non-Metallica fans on here? Irrespective of what they released later, surely as rock/metal fans we can all agree at the very least that Ride the Lightning and Master of Puppets are masterpieces?

I think i should have phrased that better. I mean people who have no interest in what the band do now,which includes fans who've become disillusioned with the band,whether that be for musical output or perceived selling out or whatever reason.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

No
    surely as rock/metal fans we can all agree at the very least that Ride the Lightning and Master of Puppets are masterpieces?

Keep it in the Metallica thread! :p

I love Metallica myself, but what more can be said than:
    The first few albums are metal/ thrash masterpices, the next couple are country rock (avoid cos I'm/ we're so XxHCxX :rolleyes:) and St Anger is crap like zOmg!!!11!eleventy \m/ Then argue over the merits of Death Magnetic & discuss which Marlay park gig was best. James Hetfield is God, Megadeth must die

Annnnnd.. that's every Metallica thread. Sticky my post! :D

Well summed up Lil Kitten :).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭Jako8

No
    Lil Kitten wrote: »
    Keep it in the Metallica thread! :p

I love Metallica myself, but what more can be said than:

Annnnnd.. that's every Metallica thread. Sticky my post! :D

Good post.

What's XxHCxX? Just to be clear :p

• Advertisement

Jako8 wrote: »
    What's XxHCxX?
    Straight Edge Hardcore I presume.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭ride-the-spiral

Straight Edge Hardcore I presume.

Just hardcore really, usually written as HxC.

Can't really say I'm for or against. For the motion because it would get rid of all the threads, but against it because one big thread is going to encourage more discussion, which will easily degenerate into flaming and general rule-breaking.

I say we ban Metallica from the forum!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

No
    metallica-bargains.jpg

Advertisement