Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wigan -v- Liverpool, 8pm

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

This is bad lads. Champions league spot gone, Gerrard looks like he doesnt want to be there anymore. Masch rumoured to be leaving, Carra is getting worse. We have no money.

We cant get a shot on target against Wigan.:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,519 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Benitez looked very pissed off. Think he just walked straight down the tunnel.

I am sure it will be the ref 's fault, or the pitch.

OPENROAD wrote: »
    Well done Wigan, real pressure on Liverpool now.

The pressure was on tonight was it not?

They have given up on 4th on that performance.

There's not a chance they will get top 6

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Diame and McCarthy destroyed liverpool in that match. Great game to watch, good high tempo and decent passing from wigan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭bluefinger

i'm off to bed, wake me up when the super manager who we're soo lucky to have gets the sack.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

Got what that performance deserved. They were brutal. No nothing about that side, terrible to see. Wigan looked a better footballing team, more quality in their play.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,445 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

In any normal circumstance I would stifle a giggle at Liverpool, or indeed any of the top 4, getting beaten. But given my clubs predicament: Damn you Wigan and damn you Liverpool :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Wigan are a decent side, played some nice stuff tonight and fully deserved the win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,681 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Liverpool have more defeats this season than in the last 2 season, I was amazed when the commentator said that

the players should take the blame for their awful display but rafa shouldnt escape liverpool fans radar, leaving Kuyt on for 82mins was astonishing, thought Babel was dangerous when he came on, should of been brought on alot sooner

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Would I be right in saying that's Liverpool's worst performance of the season? Certainly was from the games Ive seen anyway...

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

Johner wrote: »
    Wigan are a decent side, played some nice stuff tonight and fully deserved the win.

They are not a good side. Spurs put nine past them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

Whoopsidaisies! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

I'd rather have watched my parents have sex for ninety five minutes.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,438 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

As bad as I've seen them. Wigan should have won that by a margin based on chances in the final third.

So frustrating to watch. One positive was that Aquilani looked much improved.

spockety wrote: »

So? That automatically makes them a bad side does it?:rolleyes: And were did I say they are a good side? I said decent.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

Really awful from Liverpool today. Your still a point off 4th tho.

Terrible stuff.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,438 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

So? That automatically makes them a bad side does it?:rolleyes:

lol, it was some off-day then.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭argosy2006

bluefinger wrote: »
    i'm off to bed, wake me up when the fat little siht gets the sack.

lets not change the subject ,enough about Brian Cowen,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,068 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Archimedez wrote: »
    Would I be right in saying that's Liverpool's worst performance of the season? Certainly was from the games Ive seen anyway...

The upsetting thing is, having watched every Liverpool game this season bar one, that wasnt our worst performance. I can think of at least 3 or 4 worse than that. We have lost 7 games away from home from 15, scoring just 12 goals in the process. When you look at the quality of the teams we have lost against, its depressing reading. The amount of games that have passed without us even getting a shot on target is depressing. Did Kirkland make a save today ?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

So? That automatically makes them a bad side does it?:rolleyes:

Well couple that with battling relegation and it doesn't look good ;-)

• Advertisement

The players and manager must take equal blame.

Fúck this I'm off to bed.

I'll leave ye with this from BBC
    Liverpool have not won on a Monday night in something like their last 13 attempts.

Can't wait for the Pompy match next Monday :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Tusky wrote: »
    Liverpool deserve no more than 5th or 6th this season. Really awful stuff.

Unless they finish 4th . :)

Well couple that with battling relegation and it doesn't look good ;-)

They've beaten Chelsea,Liverpool and Aston Villa this season. They are a decent side just way too inconsistent.

So? That automatically makes them a bad side does it?:rolleyes: And were did I say they are a good side? I said decent.

That was freak result, but yes they are a poor enough side. Average at best. But we even managed to fall below that level tonight, and Wigan deserved that win. McCarthy was quality, and that is one good thing i take from tonight from an Irish team point of view.

McCarthy would of been my motm

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

magma69 wrote: »
    I'd rather have watched my parents have sex for ninety five minutes.

Brilliant... not as disappointed now!

Anyway i'm going to go straight for the positives as the list of negatives was huge

Both Babel and Aquilani impressed me and i'll be very disappointed if one of the two don't start the game against Pompey.

I can genuinely say i enjoyed watching everytime Aquilani touched the ball... Was really up for it.
    After seeing Kuyt perform like that, it would be absolutely disgraceful not to give Babel a start.

Only other positive to take was Reina again who was superb as usual and is without doubt by a country mile our best player of the season.

4th is looking a bit distant now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

The sad thing is, this did not seem like a Wigan team who were up for this match. Paul Scharner was doubting their mental strength to stay up before the match, Roberto Martinez in his interview said he wasn't looking for a draw, just a "good performance". Wigan just reacted to a quite frankly flacid Liverpool cock and swooped in to bed the girl Liverpool had just bought a drink for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

That was the worst I have ever seen Liverpool play, they gave the ball away more than I ever remember

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Wigan are a very average team, and not one Liverpool should be dropping points to realistically. Some awful performances out there tonight in red

well done Wigan, fully deserved

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

Rafas interviews are very strange these days. Bit of a wierdo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Osu wrote: »
    Really awful from Liverpool today. Your still a point off 4th tho.

Terrible stuff.

A point off fourth but everyone one around them have games in hand. Including villa with a huge 3 games in hand. So when all the games in hand are played they could be looking at 7th.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,466 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

lol - criticising Rafa's short answers. what a freaking tool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Poor Rafa needs a big hug - he looked like he was going to start crying

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,068 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Team against Portsmouth.

Torres

Riera
    Yossi
    Babel

Aquilani----Masch

Insua---Agger----Greek---Johnson

Reina

Thats the sad truth, Wigan are a bad side, they played just ok. McCarthy was the class act out of both sides. But they probably overall deserved to win by 2, what does all that say about Liverpool??
    For me, its hard to remember a game going back years where we played as bad, and worse than not playing well, just didn't seem to care or put in the effort. Worrying times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

and they beat chelsea earlier this season so spurs are nine goals better than wigan??

football is not like that i remember liverpool putting 9 past palace in 1989 and a few months later losing to them in the cup semi final

wigan were the better team tonight, sharper, quicker, hungrier

rossie1977 wrote: »
    and they beat chelsea earlier this season so spurs are nine goals better than wigan??

football is not like that i remember liverpool putting 9 past palace in 1989 and a few months later losing to them in the cup semi final

wigan were the better team tonight, sharper, quicker, hungrier

Are Burnley a good team also so?

how about Hull?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭bluefinger

argosy2006 wrote: »
    lets not change the subject ,enough about Brian Cowen,

that's it, i'm in the wrong forum. sorry :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Columbia

Well done Wigan, full value for their win tonight.

Liverpool are trying to kick their way into fourth. 17 yellows and one red card in their last 5 league games, what an embarrassment. Rafa trying to get 0-0s and 1-0s for the rest of the season, delighted that they've been caught out tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

And so the Sky 4 finally weakens. If Villa, City or Spurs dont get 4th this year then it would be a sorry state of affairs. :mad:

Change is good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,466 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Mr Alan will be delighted.

Dave Whelan lapping up the attention on ESPN now.

Mr Alan will be delighted.

Dave Whelan lapping up the attention on ESPN now.

Dave is such a class act too

;-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

kryogen wrote: »
    Are Burnley a good team also so?

how about Hull?

wigan, hull or burnley are not great teams but on their day yes, burnley or hull will beat a top 4 team if that top 4 team are not playing up to form

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,313 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

One word Shambles

rossie1977 wrote: »
    wigan, hull or burnley are not great teams but on their day yes, burnley or hull will beat a top 4 team if that top 4 team are not playing up to form

i can only assume the links are to examples of them beating top 4 opposition, which is exactly why i mentioned them, just cause you beat a good team now and then doesnt make you any less of an average side

broken clock gets it right twice a day and all that

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

a lot of idiocy in that game from liverpool. sloppy decision making, no urgency, bad ideas and poor execution

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 431 ✭✭1967

That was an embarrasment,the sooner this season finishes the better and with the football we are playing i could not care less if we finish fourth or not.We are truly dreadful could not even break down a central defence of Titus Bramble and Gary Caldwell two powerhouses of european football.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭ilovelamp2000

In fairness lads, we haven't got the money to compete with the likes of Wigan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

What in the sweet name of Jesus was that tonight?? What is going on this season??

That was pure sh!te tonight. Like Wolves away. Like Portsmouth away. Like Reading at home. There's just too many to mention.

The players tonight were an absolute joke. Gerrard is supposed to be captain. What the hell is he doing just moping about the pitch, sulking, losing the ball and not tracking back. He is not acting like a captain should. I don't care what he's done in the past, that can all be reflected upon and lauded when he retires!But he's still playing right now and he needs to play in the present. Just awful

The only players who performed anywhere near an acceptable level was Kyriakos and Aqualiani when he came on.

Fourth place is gone. I've thought that for a while now and it just gets further and further away. It's Man City's now!!

Bloody Europa League again next season................maybe!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Columbia

Love the people (not on here) saying that it's somehow down to the "yanks", as though it's solely their fault that the entire team couldn't string two passes together tonight :pac:

• Advertisement
Advertisement