Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wigan -v- Liverpool, 8pm

123457»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,466 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

This is a martin tyler type question but has a team ever been beaten by such a big aggregate(11 goals) margin by one team and then beat one of the traditional top four?

I'm gonna say no.

Spurs' aggegate win over them is the biggest in prem history.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

I'm gonna say no.

It's joint think blackburn and Man Utd both had similar wins

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,681 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,466 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Headshot wrote: »
    ?

Spurs 11-0 aggregate score over Wigan is the biggest in Prem history, as far as I know (was said at the time anyway) so wigan are the only side to have lost by such a heavy margin, so the only side that could have done so (beating a 'top 4' side.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭jaykay74

This is a martin tyler type question but has a team ever been beaten by such a big aggregate(11 goals) margin by one team and then beat one of the traditional top four?

strange question because you say ever and then traditional top 4 which has only existed since Chelsea joined in (just before Roman I guess). Liverpool beat palace 11-0 over 2 league games in 89/90. Palace that season beat liverpool in cup semi final and also beat Man Utd at OT (bearing in mind Utd finished about 12th) so Utd weren't exactly strong at the time. Palace also beat villa that season who came 2nd and spurs who came 3rd (at least according to soccerbase - my memory doesn't stretch that far :) ).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

jaykay74 wrote: »
    strange question because you say ever and then traditional top 4 which has only existed since Chelsea joined in (just before Roman I guess). Liverpool beat palace 11-0 over 2 league games in 89/90. Palace that season beat liverpool in cup semi final and also beat Man Utd at OT (bearing in mind Utd finished about 12th) so Utd weren't exactly strong at the time.
    Ya I know what you mean the best I could get from my bit of research was Newcastle beat Sheffield Wednesday by a 10-0 aggregate in the 1999-2000 season and then they beat chelsea at home 1-0 a result which if it had been reversed would of seen Chelsea grab fourth that year.

http://www.statto.com/football/teams/sheffield-wednesday/1999-2000

Advertisement