Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Louis Theroux

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Stretchryan

He has recently filmed an episode in Ireland, not 100% sure of the content but i think it is gonna be about Travellers..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Interesting. Any sources for that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭DualBladez

He has recently filmed an episode in Ireland, not 100% sure of the content but i think it is gonna be about Travellers..

yeah interesting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

DualBladez wrote: »
    yeah interesting

Not sure it's already been filmed here, but yea I'd love to see him film with some Travellers

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

Leeg17 wrote: »
    Not sure it's already been filmed here, but yea I'd love to see him film with some Travellers

is this the guy on killadelphia?

yer fat bastid near the end was gas

heyyy man im cool man. i dont kill no one, see this street man, its cool. i just do real estate and cars man, im not a bad guy theres worse mother ****ers out there man than me.

:D

is this the guy on killadelphia?

yer fat bastid near the end was gas

heyyy man im cool man. i dont kill no one, see this street man, its cool. i just do real estate and cars man, im not a bad guy theres worse mother ****ers out there man than me.

:D

Yea Big Red. Probably one of my favourite episodes. Chilling and yet confusing the way the corner boys say they won't rat on anybody, and the guy who was shot won't tell the police who did it.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭sarah+1

Just watched the one on the most hated family in america and I'm completely disgusted! I have so much respect for Theroux for not punching one of the family members square in the jaw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 474 ✭✭civildefence

Anyone watching Louis Theroux and the Nazis on TV3? Unbelieveable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Just watching the episode about pedophiles on RTE2.. hadn't seen it before now. The behavior of the guys and the staff seems awfully overplayed.

It's such a delicate issue though.. moreso than any subject he's dealt with so far. Some of the pateints seem to really want to better themselves.. it's hard to form an opinion on the whole thing overall really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 487 ✭✭Alibear

I am quite a big fan of his documentaries, and finds he deals with some awkward situations so well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 487 ✭✭Alibear

Yes, he mentioned this in a brief interview on Xposé a while ago. He wanted to do it after seeing TV3's 'The Truth about Travellers' programme apparently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

His early stuff "weird weekends" are fantastic. A real look at the underbelly of the US.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Anybody watch the one on Lagos last night? :eek: Talk about blatant corruption. Scary place.

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Anybody watch the one on Lagos last night? :eek: Talk about blatant corruption. Scary place.

Switched on 5 mins before it finished. Does anyone know when it's repeated, or where you can legally watch it online?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Bi6N

I love all his shows, great craic :)
    Has he done anything new resently?

Leeg17 wrote: »
    Switched on 5 mins before it finished. Does anyone know when it's repeated, or where you can legally watch it online?

I can't find any info about a repeat. It's on the BBC iPlayer though.. you can probably watch it if you use a UK proxy, which afaik is legal enough
    Bi6N wrote: »
    I love all his shows, great craic :)
    Has he done anything new resently?

yeah, he has a few new shows in the pipeline. There's some info about it in this thread. The Lagos episode is new and aired for the first time on Sunday night

I can't find any info about a repeat. It's on the BBC iPlayer though.. you can probably watch it if you use a UK proxy, which afaik is legal enough

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Bi6N

Ahh great, thanks My name is Url :) I'll keep an eye out

There's a new episode airing tonight at 9 on BBC2

Louis Theroux and the Ultra Zionists

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Ah crap i only saw this today :(

any repeats?

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Ah crap i only saw this today :(

any repeats?

Not sure about repeats but it's on YouTube.. for now anyway!

New program was great.

New episode airing on Sunday 3rd April 2011 - "America's Most Hated Family.. In Crisis"
    Following up on his hugely popular and acclaimed 2007 documentary The Most Hated Family In America, Louis Theroux returns to Topeka, Kansas, for a second visit to the Westboro Baptist Church.

But, four years on from Louis's last visit, there are signs of disarray in the Phelps clan. A series of defections of family members has shaken up the church. They've been at the centre of a landmark Supreme Court case and, possibly because of the resulting attention, their beliefs have become increasingly bizarre.

More - http://www.bbc.co.uk/pressoffice/proginfo/tv/2011/wk14/unplaced.shtml#unplaced_louis

Should be good.. His first show about the WBC was one of the more interesting he has done, imo

Excellent. Loved the first one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,126 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

MeerKat17 wrote: »
    I love Louis, did you see the one where he tried to get an interview with Michael Jackson and was refused, but they agreed to be interviewed by Martin Bashir like a week later?!
    but we got big bad joe instead!!what a pri*k he was!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,805 ✭✭✭Setun

Big fan of Louis - have just been on a binge of his older docs that I hadn't seen in a while. Rewatched the "Louis and the Nazis" doc the other day - I forgot how ballsy he can be when he's put under pressure by potentially quite dangerous people. Looking forward to the new one on Sunday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,805 ✭✭✭Setun

Enjoying it so far! He's being quite interrogative and a bit more aggressive than usual with his interviewing style.

That Jewish clip the ex-filmmaker guy just showed him is insane! They're absolute lunatics.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭BrianJD

Is it just ther publicity they love or are they just nuts?

• Advertisement

BrianJD wrote: »
    Is it just ther publicity they love or are they just nuts?

I think that the two go hand in hand for them, and they both exacerbate each other

Advertisement