Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Volkswagen ABS problem

Options
  • 08-03-2010 7:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭

Recently the tyre pressure light and esp light have come on in my 05 Golf Gti and stay on permanently. My tyres are in good condition and I cant find any physical reason for the lights. I checked the internet and found that volkswagens have a very common problem with an abs pump which causes this broblem. The quotes to fix it are 1500 sterling plus labour. Has anyone else encountered this problem with their volkswagens and gotten it fixed? Im booked in to get a diagnostic on Friday so i'll know for sure then. I just think £1500 is very steep for a common problem with a breaking system. Surely this should have been recalled or there should be free replacement for a faulty break part.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭GTE

I dont have the problem nor have I heard anything about it personally but check if your car has had a recall for its ABS system.

Apparently the ABS systems in the mark 4 Golf/Bora's that are accompanied by ESP and other things have had a recall years ago.

Essentially if your car has ONLY ABS you arent in need of a recall.

It could be related, one hopes that if you need to get something changed it could fix things.

Advertisement