Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'm renting storage room not the apartment!

Options
  • 08-03-2010 7:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Hi Folks

We are renting the apartment for 6 months now. When we moved it was furnished with some furniture. The sofa and armchairs were smelly with cigarettes and dirty. We clean them with no results. So we storing them in friends garage.( Landlords could not removed them or take them back. They are renting apt. as well)
    Bed was new but headboard cover was dirty and washing didn't help. So we put a new one. After few nights we discovered that mattress is totally uncomfortable. So we flip it over few times. It didn't help, was just to used and old. I have a problem with my back so we both a new mattress.
    And the problem is...
    We cant do nothing about the old one! We put the old mattress under the bed and we discovered mold on the frame. We couldn't clean it. So we ask if they can take whole bed (we didn't ask for a replacement!). And they cant. They don't have any space (they don't want to throw out useless mattress as well)
    We are renting small one bed apartment and we don't have space for storing their stuff either!
    Agency just send us an email that the mold on furniture is very unlikely but we had this problem with armchairs already.
    We can throw away this things if the Landlady aprove the replacement :) .

So now we are renting storage room with no bed provided (the one we have doesn't meet basic standards IMO).

WHAT TO DO!? I cant move out till the end of semester :(.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,499 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

eshter wrote: »
    (the one we have doesn't meet basic standards IMO).

WHAT TO DO!? I cant move out till the end of semester :(.

say this to landlord and demand they replace it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 eshter

We are dealing with Landlord via Agent and they are not gonna replace it, they want us to buy them a new bed and leave behinde when we moved out.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

If there is mould on the bedframe, take pictures and go to threshold.

They'll tell you what to do from there - you should get a replacement.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,387 ✭✭✭✭Victor

We should ask for a new mattress in the very begining but it was just quicker and easier to buy it without asking the agent who need to ask landlord etc.
    And now they want new furniture from us!?
    We were trying resolve this problem without PRTB or Treshold. We send another email to agent if he can visit us and check himself the bed and mattress ( photo was not enough for him ;))

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

At this stage, I wouldn't bother not involving Threshold.

In fact, I'd probably just move.

The thing is, I dont have time now to look at another apartments. and I really like this one. Location, kitchen...
    The guy is coming this week to check the bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

That makes it worse, doesn't it? So sorry.
    eshter wrote: »
    The thing is, I dont have time now to look at another apartments. and I really like this one. Location, kitchen...
    The guy is coming this week to check the bed.

Advertisement