Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Changing car and 10 G's in the pocket...ideas please!!!

• 08-03-2010 8:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭

Right heres the situation, looking to change car in the next month or so and wouldn't mind picking your brains.

First and foremost I am open to pretty much anything, budget is in and around €10,000looking to change to a diesel, preferably 2.0 and below, driving a commercial van is an option too as normally it's just myself driving and lower tax would be nice bonus too.

Outside of that, I'm not looking for a whole pile more, want a comfortable car too as I do one or two 150 mile plus journeys a week.

As I said any opinions that you might have would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Tyres

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭kebrosnan

Some more details might help here? Prefered size and type of car will definitely help (saloon, hatchback, estate etc)

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭tyres

Would be helpful alright I guess..would a nice compact hatchbach or maybe an estate, was looking at VW Golf Van and Volvo S40's in and around 06 or newer. But like I said in earlier post open to pretty anything really.......

Looking to change car in the next month or so and wouldn't mind picking your brains.

First and foremost I am open to pretty much anything, budget is in and around €10,000 and currently driving a petrol and am looking to change to a diesel, preferably 2.0 and below, Driving a commercial van is an option too as normally it's just myself driving and lower tax would be nice bonus too.
    I quite like the VW Golf Van as a commercial option and also am interested in seeing can I pick up a 06 Volvo S40 or Saab 93 for in and around 10 grand. Am I being too optimistic?

Outside of that, I'm not looking for a whole pile more, want a comfortable car too as I do one or two 150 mile plus journeys a week.

As I said any opinions that you might have would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Tyres

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

I've merged your threads, as you had an identical one already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

How about something like this??
    http://www.carzone.ie/search/Ford/Focus-Van/1.8-TDCI/201008196998892/advert?channel=CARS

Seems like a cracking car and good value and low mileage too. ;)

• Advertisement

Super low mileage alright...seems like it could fit the bill, you reckon there would be much scope for movement on the price?????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

tyres wrote: »
    Super low mileage alright...seems like it could fit the bill, you reckon there would be much scope for movement on the price?????

At that price I wouldnt say you would get a major amount off but I'm sure there's a bit of room for negotiation. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭Viper_JB

I'd go out and have a few test drives in some Audi A4's and A6's nice, comfey good for long journeys.

Advertisement