Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

08 535d: Too good to be true

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Look at the details - its down as a 1.4 :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭DonJose

Phone up and see, but don't be surprised if this guys answers.

1211117_400_300.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭kebrosnan

DonJose2 wrote: »
    Phone up and see, but don't be surprised if this guys answers.

lol:) I agree on the 1.4. Also did a google on that number, got no matches. For a trade seller I would like to see some background and preferably more than one motor for sale at a ridiculously low price compared to the rest of the market.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭Erren Music

Vehicle Check for V1PEU

The vehicle V1PEU, a Bmw 535d M Sport Auto (4 Door Saloon), is on our database. To discover its history please continue.
    We are able to reveal whether this vehicle has ever been recorded as a stolen & recovered vehicle; checks from our competitors are unable to do this.
    To view this information and more please continue to purchase a check below.
    If you experience any problems please contact us.

https://www.mycarcheck.com/check/V1PEU/?info=display

Checked it out and all looks clean. Called the guy, he confirmed price is correct, said he got it as a trade in and wanted rid. He has no issues with me getting it independantly checked. He has someone calling tomorrow first thing and told me to hold off instead of paying for a full check for a car that could be sold. So I told him I would call him around lunch time and take it from there. More anon...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 259 ✭✭frank gooding

If it is legit the 535d should be a sweet machine.

Got this reply back from a guy.

Is this the updated scam story.

Hi,
    I'm David Jenkins, you inquired about my 2006 Volkswagen Golf 2.0 GTI 200BHP.
    I apologize for the delay, I'm in the military and now I am in United Kingdom and that's why I couldn't reply in time. If you are still interested in buying it, I'm asking 6,000€ . The car is registered in Ireland. It has a clean title, very well maintained, always garage kept, no rust, excellent condition, runs and sounds 100% perfect with no leaks or noises. All power and optional equipments are working perfect. I have to sell this car as fast as I can because in three weeks I will be in Iraq and I think I'll stay there for a while that's why I'm selling it so cheap. I intend to buy a new car when I'll get back home. If you want to buy the car please e-mail me back.
    Regards!
    David

Exactly. It is going for well below market rate so I am treading very carefully here but if it is legit, then its a steal at that price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

Got this reply back from a guy.

Is this the updated scam story.

Hi,
    I'm David Jenkins, you inquired about my 2006 Volkswagen Golf 2.0 GTI 200BHP.
    I apologize for the delay, I'm in the military and now I am in United Kingdom and that's why I couldn't reply in time. If you are still interested in buying it, I'm asking 6,000€ . The car is registered in Ireland. It has a clean title, very well maintained, always garage kept, no rust, excellent condition, runs and sounds 100% perfect with no leaks or noises. All power and optional equipments are working perfect. I have to sell this car as fast as I can because in three weeks I will be in Iraq and I think I'll stay there for a while that's why I'm selling it so cheap. I intend to buy a new car when I'll get back home. If you want to buy the car please e-mail me back.
    Regards!
    David

Frank, that sounds like sh1t to me. Did he forget he was in the army when he bought the car?
    "Oh wait - I have to make a huge loss on the car before I go to work- then I'll just buy another"
    FFS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 259 ✭✭frank gooding

Thats what I thought.

I have had the dead brother in liverpool email a few times.

Seems like the scammers are moving on and updating the stories.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

Thats what I thought.

I have had the dead brother in liverpool email a few times.

Seems like the scammers are moving on and updating the stories.

I think ye should all read the thread on top of the page re car scams where this thread should be. I love them ads i keep pestering them telling them that i will wire funds to their bank account and send me all their details. I then spam the hell out their e mail;);)

• Advertisement

I was second in line but maybe unfortunately first in line purchased it earlier today. Was worth a try but wasn't to be this time around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

wouldnt be surprised if you get a call in a day or two to say that the original deal fell through.
    if it is a scam, thats a common tactic to build confidence in anyone that might be interested

Possibly but he never took my number so am unlikely to get that call:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,418 ✭✭✭secman

The advert states £15,500.00 not €15,500.00 . Is it an import and VRT to be paid ?

Secman

Its a UK car from a UK dealer so up to the purchaser to pay VRT if importing it to Ireland. With VRT paid, it would work out much less than the equivalent car on Irish plates. The cheapest 08 on carzone is almost 53k euro for comparison.

Advertisement