Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

gluing hw strip to window head to take roller blinds

• 08-03-2010 9:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭

hi all.
    bought a truck load of ikea roller blinds to fit throughout my house.the brackets they come with can be fixed into the window frame or straight up into window head. Problem is that my windows are aluminium which i dont wnat to screw into and straight up hits the precast conc lintel. tapping plasterwork it is hollow in spots on the head so two close screws into lintel/plaster would be a problem.

so is there a good strong construction adhesive that can glue a nice hardwood strip to window head to take brackets. has anyone solved this in another way.

can anyone give me a good name type of adhesive.
    any other adive appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 759 ✭✭✭Corkey123

Try Tec7

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭mazthespark

could maybe make up or get made a strip along head of window similar to the window board at bottom and fix it in a few places sont know how well adhesive alone would cope over time with putting blind up and down etc maybe a combination of fixings and adhesive mite be the best

Advertisement