Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good value chicken wings?

Options
  • 08-03-2010 9:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭

As well as the veggie lasagne dish im doing Elephant and Castle style chicken wings for the meat eaters. Ill need around 40-50 id say (5 people) and looking for a good value butchers and/or supermarket that do good deals. Any ideas thanks?;)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭stellarartois

Do chickens have wing? i've never seen one fly!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Stellaratois...what the hell are you doing in this forum if you're just going to post unhelpful, unitelligent drivel?

Yaaawn!

Sure what help are you providing!! your nothing but questions questions questions!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

stellarartois, I've noticed several of your posts across the Food & Drink Cat this evening. The next unhelpful post will earn you a ban.

I'm so so sorry!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,052 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

anniehoo wrote: »
    As well as the veggie lasagne dish im doing Elephant and Castle style chicken wings for the meat eaters. Ill need around 40-50 id say (5 people) and looking for a good value butchers and/or supermarket that do good deals. Any ideas thanks?;)

My friend picked up a few packets in Superquinn about two weeks ago, and cooked them in Hot Sauce (also available in Superquinn) and they were gorgeous. The chicken wings were Superquinn brand and there were about 10 per pack, and the sauce was maybe Frank's hot sauce (it's stocked beside all the ketchups).

Sorry can't be more specific on the sauce, but the Superquinn chicken was gorgeous and as far as I know they weren't that expensive as she's a student and a well travelled bargain hunter!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

What about chicken drumsticks, more meat and they're good value.
    Dunnes are selling free range chicken drumsticks (which taste great we stock up on them because they're cheap but so tasty with a marinade) for 2.99 good bit of meat on them so more filling than the wings. Not sure if they do the wings as well but they might.
    5 people would probably eat no more than 3 or 4 drumsticks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Frank's hot sauce (it's stocked beside all the ketchups).

Sorry can't be more specific on the sauce,
    Yeh sorted for the sauce. Franks Original Hot Sauce (cayenne pepper)...yum!Its meant to be as close as you can get to the E&C wings.Couldnt find the wings in superquinn though. Drumsticks would be grand though if i cant get them i suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Todd Gack

Tesco do wings for about €2.50 for a decent sized box (about a kilo). I've seen them in most tescos, seem to take a good bit more time than recommended but maybe that was just my oven.....they've got to be crispy.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Any good poultry butcher will set you up for next to nothing. All those chicken fillets have a wing lying in a bucket somewhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,050 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

the English Market sell chicken wings cheap!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

Todd Gack wrote: »
    Tesco do wings for about €2.50 for a decent sized box (about a kilo). I've seen them in most tescos, seem to take a good bit more time than recommended but maybe that was just my oven.....they've got to be crispy.

Yeah - I have to say these are pretty good if you can't get to a butcher.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭tfak85

the halal shops around town always have great value on wings and legs!

mix your hot sauce in a bowl with some melted butter then roll your wings in flour before dipping them in the sauce, made these a good few times now, that franks sauce is sooooo good!

Advertisement