Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Getting tax refund online

• 08-03-2010 9:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭

Howdy

I found out on Thursday last that I overpaid tax by €558 last year and this will be refunded to me. The chap on the phone in the Revenue said he put it through for me there and then as they have my bank account details, but it hasn't shown up in my current account yet. Any ideas how long it normally takes?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

lenovoguy wrote: »
    Howdy

I found out on Thursday last that I overpaid tax by €558 last year and this will be refunded to me. The chap on the phone in the Revenue said he put it through for me there and then as they have my bank account details, but it hasn't shown up in my current account yet. Any ideas how long it normally takes?

Thanks

the cheque usually takes 4-5 working days to clear into your bank account, more than likely it'll be in your account either friday or monday morning of next week.

That said; it is possible he would have just taken a phone note and passed it on for your local tax district to process. This will take longer as its added to their existing queue of post to work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 828 ✭✭✭Sir_Name

Unfortunately due to the work-to-rule it could take AGES!
    Whilst claiming my BIK back last yr, it took three weeks.

This yr I sent it off in January and still nothing except a letter from the Revenue to send in my P60 ( i didnt have to send that in last yr). I dont know if this is true but due to the work to rule no correlation between depts . ie last yr they could have gotten my P60 details internally....

so far over 2 months and counting....:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭lenovoguy

The office I rang was my district office, now that I think back I think he said (last thursday) the money would be in my account by "this time next week" so hopefully he's right!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Deanov wrote: »
    Unfortunately due to the work-to-rule it could take AGES!
    Whilst claiming my BIK back last yr, it took three weeks.

This yr I sent it off in January and still nothing except a letter from the Revenue to send in my P60 ( i didnt have to send that in last yr). I dont know if this is true but due to the work to rule no correlation between depts . ie last yr they could have gotten my P60 details internally....

so far over 2 months and counting....:mad:

Last year, it'd likely your employer's P35 was on file, and this is why the P60 was not needed. It has nothing to do with the work-to-rule. Revenue can only work with the details provided to them, so need either your employer's P35, or your P60 (both have similar details) in order to process your claim.

They couldn't have gotten your P60 details internally, and has nothing to do with correlation between Depts either. If Revenue don't have your pay & tax details on record, they cannot progress with your claim.

Advertisement