Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Radio, Public Speaking, etc

Options
  • 08-03-2010 10:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭

Sorry if i've done this wrong. Anyway

I'm 17 and in 5th year. I really want to do something in radio or just public speaking. I personally think i'm a very good public speaker and the bigger the crowd the more i prefer talking.

But there's no course, it's like my career guidance teacher told me. You've either got it or you don't and he thinks i've got it. What ever " it " is remains to be seen. I assume he means the ability to speak well infront of crowds.

Most people in radio i've spoken to didn't even do the leaving cert.

I just think it's unfair and a major flaw in the education system that people who want to do something like music, radio, speaking etc are still to be tested at LC on the normal level. Where someone could be very good at becoming a social hermit not understanding the stuff but still being able to commit it to memory.

I'd be looking to possibly study in england too, london ideally as my dad has looked into the possibility of Arseanal season tickets through a mate of his selling his.

All and any feedback welcome

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭nobbo

Communications in DCU? Any journalism course?

Advertisement