Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

French Oral Mega-Thread

Options
  • 08-03-2010 10:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭

Ok, I've lied, this isn't really the mega-thread.... Its the idea-gathering for the mega-thread!

Post all oral questions you can think of in here. Include the basics if you want, but mainly anything abstract you think we could be asked. Topical issues etc.

I'll give ye a week, then I'll come back, gather all the questions, and create the MEGA-THREAD. I'll have all the questions there, and we can all start helping each other out with them. Everyone can add phrases etc. :rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭dynamot

This is what I was asked im my mock oral:

Plans for next year, what you like about school, why are friends important, the economic crisis, un petit boulot and favourite teacher and why....

Thats all I can remember.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭djcervi

The best advice (I know you're looking for LC oral questions, but bear with me) I can give you is to treat the oral like a conversation. At the end of the day, that is all it is. (Having said that it's not an ordinary conversation, as you're trying to stand out and in reality compete with your class for the high mark). Prepare a few points on the basics, using 'Bien Dit' as your guide. However don't copy the book verbatim, get a notebook and try to write in French what you want to say. Your teacher would probably correct your work. Topics in particular that relate to you will come up,as a general guide i.e. yourself, family, school, summer holidays, hobbies, christmas, weekend, LC...etc. You guide the conversation, so what you talk about is what you will be questioned on.

This idea that random questions like Recession and Irish/French politics come up, only come up if you bring these topics up, so if you don't want to talk about them don't bring them up. At best preparing topics like these look good, but if you can hold a conversation talking about whatever you want to talk about you'll be fine. The examiner (regardless of what your teacher does) will ask you questions on what you bring into the oral exam. I did my LC last year and my oral went so fast. The document helped a lot..as I was able to talk about what I wanted to talk about. If anything the document could be problematic, in terms of a random question (that's if you go the document route)..but by and large if you look at the different angles of your document you should be able to say something regardless.

Anyway that's my LC wisdom. Best of luck!

Advertisement