Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Options for the summer?

Options
  • 08-03-2010 10:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 606 ✭✭✭

Hi
    I'm a mature student, this isn't totally on the topic of mature/non trad students but I didn't know where else to write it! :o
    Finishing for exams shortly (gulp) and can't decide what to do for the summer.
    I love being in the city, so diff from my home town. I really don't want to move back home for the three months but wouldn't mind saving the money. I just absolutely detest my home town.
    I'm in my late 20's with no attachments so I feel like I should stay in the city and try to get work somewhere (easier said I know!)
    What is anyone else doing for the summer? Staying put or moving home?
    Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Can us oldies still get J1s? :) I might be looking into that myself this summer. (only time I will be able to do it in the 4 years).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭Jessibelle

AFAIK If you are a full-time student in College or University, the J-1 visa allows you to enter the U.S.A and work for up to 4 months and then travel for a further 30 days after this
    To be eligible you must:
    * You must be attending a full-time day course (minimum 2 yrs duration).
    * Your course must lead to a degree or higher qualification.

I think there's an age restriction but only in that you must be over 18 by a certain date, I'd check that to be sure though...

Advertisement