Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

For the gears of war movie, who would you cast?

• 08-03-2010 10:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭

Again, if a mod feels this should be moved to films, do so :)

Right, so if you're a Gears of War fan, you should already know that Cliffy B (Or as I like to call him, the EPIC cancer...) , has sold the rights to New Line Cinema to produce a Gears of War movie. And as we all know, this is more then likely going to fail.

There're many reasons why, which I won't get into unless asked, but for now, let's talk cast. Who would you like to play the leads AND WHY!?

I'll offer my suggestions :P

Marcus Fenix:-
    marcus-fenix-gears21.jpg
    =>Dominic Purcell
    dominic-purcell-picture-1.jpg

Dominic Santiago
    Dom.png
    => David Batista
    batista.jpg

Augustus Cole
    picture16a_2.png
    ^ => Lester Speight (who also voices him in the game

Damon Baird
    Damon%20Baird.jpg
    => Stephen Dorff
    tn2_stephen_dorff_11.jpg

Victor Hoffman:
    200px-Hoffman.jpg
    => Tommy Lee Jones
    tommy-lee-jones-20040428-1355.jpg

Anthony Carmine:
    carmine2316488gx0.jpg
    => Cliff Bleszinski (Just so I can have the satisfaction of watching the ****er die)
    Cliff-Bleszinski.jpg

Anya Stroud
    VideoGameBabes_Anya_L.jpg
    => Scarlett Johansson (*cough* <3)
    scarlett_johansson_10.jpg

I'll add more as I go along

Why I chose these actors. Quite simple really. You're making a movie about soldiers. Muscle bound, testosterone filled, machine gun eating, sawdust voiced soldiers. To portray these guys fully, you can't get spastics like Reeves or damon. You need the real deal. Bodybuilders, athletes and guys who LOOK big.

So what about you guys?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭Mindkiller

Obligatory
    marcus-fenix-gears-of-war-john-travolta.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Slugs

LOL!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

Michael Clarke Duncan as Cole

• Closed Accounts Posts: 961 ✭✭✭TEMPLAR KNIGHT

slugs

pretty much spot on, not too sure about batista though haha. ryan renolds could also be good as baird

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 779 ✭✭✭papajimsmooth

I dont think there is a man alive capable of portraying how awesome The Cole Train is

• Advertisement

I dont think there is a man alive capable of portraying how awesome The Cole Train is
    Except the guy who actually voices him :P

TEMPLAR: Doubt it man, Ryan reynolds isn't capable of handling a role like baird tbh :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Spot on the Fenix role, however Batista could always play him either. That being said, unless the WWE are financing it I can't see it happening. The most frustrating comment about the movie thus far was Wiseman saying he'd love someone like The Rock to play Fenix. GTFO kplzthx.

Alternative to Dom would be Carlos Bernard, the actor who plays Tony Almedia in 24. He'd need to bulk up a bit but I think he could pull it off.

Cole has to be Speight. Casting anyone else would be ****ing moronic.

Dorff for Baird would be interesting actually. Outside of him yea, Reynolds would be an obvious choice however I thought Neal McDonough wouldn't be bad either. Again he'd need to pack on some muscle but he wouldn't be too bad. Unless he has to do a semi-Irish accent like in the Street Fighter movie again. :(

See why I chose those two respectively for marcus and dom is that Dom is bigger than Marcus, physically speaking, although Marcus is much more imposing. I've always thought that Purcell, while not physically big, is a very imposing person, and makes a very good impression on people. To put Batista in that role I think would undermine it.

Ya I thought Dorff was a very interesting choice by myself as well. He's not very well known, but he's an exceptional actor, and his performance as Frost, while not great, jjust showed me he'd be perfect as baird. Reynolds is too much of an asshole and I just can't take him seriously, or rank him highly as an actor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

Suggs I think you are spot on there with your Ideas.
    I like Dom Purcell seen him in a few things and think he could pull it off way better than travolta.
    Also I would watch scarlet johansen in a movie about paint drying on a wall so yeah for her too.

Suggs I think you are spot on there with your Ideas.
    I like Dom Purcell seen him in a few things and think he could pull it off way better than travolta.
    Also I would watch scarlet johansen in a movie about paint drying on a wall so yeah for her too.
    So could I buddy, so could I... :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Evolute

Slugs wrote: »
    Except the guy who actually voices him :P

Haha too true while Michael Clarke Duncan would be a good one if Cole wasnt modelled on Speight that and if Speight wasnt a true legend:D
    See example here===>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzToNo7A-94

Dominic Purcell is a good one alright Dont know why I did'nt thought about it that and Travolta is a god awful idea

Lt Minh=Yun-Fat Chow039_46242.jpg

Cliffy B as Carmine bad bad bad plan his ego is big enough already I would like to see him die as much as the next guy.

Scarlett Johansen well I'd let her play with my radio antenna anyday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭TheManWho

This movie is guaranteed to be bad, so I say we just accept it and have Eddie Murphy playing everyone. Including the locusts.

Well if it's going to fail, it should at least fail with some good actors :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 961 ✭✭✭TEMPLAR KNIGHT

i loved domnic purcell and stephen dorff in the blade films thought they were class would love to see them in this (im biased the blade trilogy is my favourite trilogy:D)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Evolute

Slugs wrote: »
    Well if it's going to fail, it should at least fail with some good actors :P

Touché man haha

Advertisement