Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest installment in the race for 3rd....

Options
  • 08-03-2010 11:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭

Wigan 1
    Liverpool 0

:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭larry1

Thanks Wigan!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

good result:)heading over for the Blackburn game on sat and we're still 4th:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Thank you Wigan!! Great result and I think everyone except Liverpool fans wanted that scoreline!

I see we have Chelsea,arsenal,and Man Utd 3 weeks in a row in April,that's going to be tough for us.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭yiddo59

In Rafa we trust :D;)

• Advertisement

tippspur wrote: »
    I see we have Chelsea,arsenal,and Man Utd 3 weeks in a row in April,that's going to be tough for us.

I've always thought April would define our push for 4th. If we're up for the challenge, we should be getting points at home to both Arsenal & Cheslea. Realistically we'll need to win one if not both, considering we're also away to Utd which is a guaranteed loss, regardless of whether we play them at home or away!

April is when the team needs to stand up and be counted.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Bodie Doyle

SuprSi wrote: »
    I've always thought April would define our push for 4th. If we're up for the challenge, we should be getting points at home to both Arsenal & Cheslea. Realistically we'll need to win one if not both, considering we're also away to Utd which is a guaranteed loss, regardless of whether we play them at home or away!

April is when the team needs to stand up and be counted.

Great result last night for Spurs. Liverpool have it all to do to make the Champions league next season. And lets face it they do not deserve it. They are a shadow of the team they were last year.

I agree with Tippspur and SuprSi that April will determine our season. But the fixture list could get even worse. If we beat Fulham in the cup replay then our game on April 10 will be moved (home to Ar$$nal)- it would now have to be played midweek. Also the Man City away fixture has let to be agreed on. I don't think they can play it next Wednesday as its too soon and the following Wed. is the cup replay. The week after that City have a game on Monday March 29th so the could not play again in midweek. Its looks like we may have to play City also in April and with a bit of luck an FA cup semi final.

Hopefully Hudd and Lennon will be back for (some of) those games.

So much to look forward to.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

We still have it all to do realistically we need to average two points a game from here on in to get fourth so we'll have to win two out of the city,arsenal,chelsea,utd matches hopefully we can take 6-9 points there which would leave us in a fantastic position but we have a tough enough run in with the likes of stoke still to play

Oh ya I also just noticed we have the fourth best defense in the league, us spurs:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Great result for us,

I can see us doing well in April, I predict 5 or even 6 points from the 3 in a row but equally u can see us pissing it away after that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

Oh ya I also just noticed we have the fourth best defense in the league, us spurs:eek:

i also noticed this, usually we dont even finish up with a positive goal difference yet here we are with 50 goals scored and a mean defense. i think gomes and dawson are to thank for a lot of that by the way.

great result for us last night. villa are away to stoke and city away to sunderland. if they both dropped points and we won it would be good for us especially with all our injuries

I can't see city dropping points there though!

I'm only afraid that beating fulham might actually distract us from this race to 4th.

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭galinka

tippspur wrote: »
    good result:)heading over for the Blackburn game on sat :

Me too

IF and thats a big if we got fourth place anyone else think it would be worth a cheeky bid for Torres;) obviously a bit more depth in midfield is a priority but a better player then crouch is needed up top someone who can put the ball in the net.

ha ha - you must be joking . torres will cost 50 milion + and we dont have that kind of money, nor would we be able to pay his wages. if he leaves it will be back to spain id say

mickman wrote: »
    ha ha - you must be joking . torres will cost 50 milion + and we dont have that kind of money, nor would we be able to pay his wages. if he leaves it will be back to spain id say

Ya tbh I doubt he'll come back to the premier league if he goes

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

Great news but our game in hand is against Man City.

unknown13 wrote: »
    Great news but our game in hand is against Man City.

The absolute definition of a 6 pointer!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

All we can do is look after our own business, starting on Sat.

p.s. I get very worried whe I see who the ref is on Sat..............

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭galinka

Hatch99 wrote: »
    All we can do is look after our own business, starting on Sat.

p.s. I get very worried whe I see who the ref is on Sat..............

doubt if the referee will be the problem - Blackburn are poor - more if we are up for it ala Everton.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

galinka wrote: »
    doubt if the referee will be the problem - Blackburn are poor - more if we are up for it ala Everton.

He has been a problem before, but hopefully a good positive performance will see us get 3pts.

saw this a few mins ago. dont know how true it is though

Hudd progressing really well, even a possibility he could make the weekend’s squad, will let you all know tomorrow.
    Lennon is feeling positive, and is now healing well.
    Woodgate still in America, has been away for nearly 2 months now.
    Bentley back running, also could be in contention for the weekend.

Good news if true.

Very good if true Liverpool had a bad day at lille hopefully they can turn it around in the return leg and stay in europe as long as possible

• Registered Users Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭el diablo

Good day today with us winning and Villa dropping points. I reckon Sunderland can get at least a point v Manc tomorrow. can't see the Poo dropping points v Pompey on Monday though.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

I dunno I reckon Portsmouth have one big result in them.

Sometimes dead teams like that pull one out of the bag, we might get lucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

good news
    city one down a half time a sundeland!!!!

fingers crossed

Keep it up Sunderland! That'd be a great result for us.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

SuprSi wrote: »
    Keep it up Sunderland! That'd be a great result for us.

injury time equaliser:mad::mad:

• Advertisement

Argh! At least they didn't win, and will only go 1 point ahead if they win their game in hand.

Advertisement