Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest installment in the race for 3rd....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

So what do we think?

I think a point a Chelsea will put us right back in it.

Will def loose to united so gotta win our remaining games.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

I would love a point against Chelsea. Completely different animal to Arsenal though and we won't be able to sit back and defend like we did on Wednesday night as Chelsea have pace and power. I think we will have to score to have any chance as I can't see us stopping them scoring for the whole match. A point and we are certainly back in the hunt, though obviously it depends on what happens between City & Utd.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

We get a point and City lose,would be grand.

• Company Representative Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Gamesnash.ie: Pat

Have never wanted Man U to win so much ! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭kakee

go on scholsey!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Gamesnash.ie: Pat

Late goals FTW !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

paul scholes u little daisy!!

come on spurs now.

That is a massive result for us,

Might just be the extra little boost we need for tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭el diablo

ziedth wrote: »
    That is a massive result for us,

Might just be the extra little boost we need for tomorrow.
    it's today at 5.30pm. ;)

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

Sorry,

I have a game tomorrow on the brain.

You are of course right!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭richardjjd

richardjjd wrote: »
    My head is wrecked on this one.

I have us getting 7 more points (Loosing to Man U, Chelsea and Arsenal, beating Bolton, Burnley and drawing with City).

Thank God I'm appalling at predictions.

The thread on the soccer fourm makes for great Reading btw how at the start noone gave us a chance to now. If we do hold on I would advise anyone to read it.

I for one will print it off if we do nab it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Dont wanna be negative, but if Villa win the weekend and we get beaten, they are level with us. It's gonna be very tight :eek:

We'll still have a game in hand though. I'd expect Villa to beat Birmingham at home, though they then have to play City away, which is their key game. If they are to get 4th, they need to win that one, which would mean knocking City out of the chase. We have a far superior goal difference to Villa, so as long as we get 6 points from our last 4 games we'll stay ahead of them.

6 points will get us 70 points, which I'd hope will be enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

SuprSi wrote: »

Hope your right, beat Bolton and Burnley and thats it so :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 paddyspurs

there is alot of "ifs and buts". If we did get those abymal results against wolves, and win our game on hand over 3rd place(arse),we would be 3rd and in the title race. if villa do this and city do that, blah blah. the fact is we have a better squad and more bottle than city villa or poo pool. and that what it will come down to. i honestly look at city and think they dont have what it takes. we have harry who is one the best in english football and his experience and our form will carry us thru! i think anyway. there is no doubt in my mind that we will get 4th.

and with the games we have left, i think we got the hard part over with beating arse and chelsea. man u 1 pt, bolton and burnley 3pts and a i think a win at city, (yes im saying it now)

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭RichMc70

SuprSi wrote: »
    I'd expect Villa to beat Birmingham at home, though they then have to play City away, which is their key game. If they are to get 4th, they need to win that one, which would mean knocking City out of the chase. We have a far superior goal difference to Villa, so as long as we get 6 points from our last 4 games we'll stay ahead of them.

Can't see them beating Brum and then City away tbh. Reckon if they get 4 points, they would have done well. I think they've got 7 points in them at most until season end. Fair play to them like, they've gone to two away games and ground out the points. Wished we could have had their run-in.

The finish is gonna be so tight but realistically it's City we are worried about. 5th May, City away is gonna be the crunch match.

One concern I do have is, now that Arsenal are out of the chase for the title, what sort of team and attitude will they have this Saturday. I wouldn't be surprised to see Wenger sticking a few of his kids out for this one. That worries me, as I'm 50/50 that we'll get any points at the Mancs in the early kick off.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭golfball37

I can see both us and City finishing on 70 points. Lets hope the 4 goals we left behind on Saturday don't come back to haunt?

A bit of bad blood between city and arsenal from eariler this season so I couldn't see wenger making light of it tbh(how sweet was that Wigan game though:))

I still think city are going to bottle it, if we draw with them loose to united and win the remaing two I think that will be enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Bodie Doyle

RichMc70 wrote: »
    One concern I do have is, now that Arsenal are out of the chase for the title, what sort of team and attitude will they have this Saturday. I wouldn't be surprised to see Wenger sticking a few of his kids out for this one. That worries me, as I'm 50/50 that we'll get any points at the Mancs in the early kick off.

I cannot see Wenger taking the City game too lightly. There is bad blood between the teams re Adebayor. Also (don't laugh now) Wegner might be looking behind him as the Yids are 7 points away with a game in hand. If somehow we beat Man United and Arsenal lose there would be 4 points in it. We then play Bolton on Saturday ( should be 3 points ) leaving us one point behind Arsenal who have to travel to their least favourite place Blackburn on Monday. If they fail to beat Blackburn, we could go into the City game knowing a victory would put us ahead of Arsenal.!!!!

Nobody thought we could beat Arsenal and Chelsea in the space of 4 days. With our confidence sky high we can beat an average United side.

Or it could all go pear shaped this weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭el diablo

Wenger did mention it on Sunday that Spurs could possibly catch Arsenal so I doubt they'll take the City game lightly. Can't see them losing three league games in a row either. Think the Arse will do them.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Draw at the emirates for city hopefully both ourselves and villa take a point from the city of Manchester stadium and then we just have to beat Bolton and burnley two teams who should have nothing to play for I hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

its goin right down to the wire. At least its still in our own hands.

It's no real difference to a city loss today. We still can't loose to them and beat burnley and bolton and we have it.

Just put everything into Bolton game. I actually have a feeling villa could take them or at least draw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

think we shold be hoping villa beat city next weekend , that means should villa win their 3 remaining games they 70 pts , that means we can afford to lose to city and still get 70 by beating bolton and burnley , we have far superior goal diff to villa. Go on d villa next weekend!..honeymonster for the winner!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Shay Given got what looked like a bad injury today,from the sound of things he prob wont play again this season, that's a big blow for City.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

it is a big blow. very big blow. they are weak enough at the back already

if villa and city draw, we beat bolton, then we are 3 points clear again. a draw at city and a draw at burnley then and we are home free!!! if villa draw or lose today then it will b fantastic.

That could happen too,

I can actually see villa loosing today and taking man city next weekend. Or at least drawing both!

I never thought we would still be in the hunt after the big 3 games let alone be infront.

Good result for Villa, with a lucky penalty decision. I'm hoping it's actually a good result overall as it will mean Villa will try extra hard next weekend against City. We just have to beat Bolton next weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭richardjjd

City have to play the team in 5th, 4th and West Ham, who may just still be in the danger of relegation (though very unlikely). Not easy for them. We've to play Bolton (mid table, going no-where), Burnley (who'll probably be relegated by this evening) and City. At this point we've the better run in. I would have definitely taken 64 points with 3 games left. *All* we need to do (!) is beat Bolton and BUrnley and avoid loosing to City...

Edit
    I appreciate I'm repeating what's been said by other posters, but I give myself some comfort when I write it down myself, too.

Advertisement