Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Help with speakers!!

• 08-03-2010 11:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 345 ✭✭

Right.... Have a 2004 MK5 golf with just speakers in the front of the car. I wanna put speakers into the rear doors of the cars to improve the sound.

Anyone know where some place that will provide & install the speakers for me or somewhere online or otherwise where I can buy speakers that will fit the car doors and try and install them myself?

All advice is appreciated

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

OEM Speakers are only €30 each.
    Alternatively, your local Motorfactors/Halford's will have a selection of speakers.

Hell, even argos sell speakers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭congo_90

incarexpress.co.uk

I ordered speakers off them before. No troubles. They won't fit naturally being in the uk and what not.
    If you don't want the hassle of fitting them yourself then I suggest you pop into halfrauds. (ahem, halfords).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 345 ✭✭brennarr

congo_90 wrote: »
    incarexpress.co.uk

I ordered speakers off them before. No troubles. They won't fit naturally being in the uk and what not.
    If you don't want the hassle of fitting them yourself then I suggest you pop into halfrauds. (ahem, halfords).

Do you reckin it would be much hassle to fit them myself? Is there an online tutorial you might know? Not much experience here when it comes to this sort of thing.

Would consider goign to Halfords but I hear a lot of bad stuf about them on here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭langdang

brennarr wrote: »
    Do you reckin it would be much hassle to fit them myself? Is there an online tutorial you might know? Not much experience here when it comes to this sort of thing.

Did I understand your original post correctly - a 04 Golf with no rear speakers?? Seriously - that's a new low for paddyspec'd cars.
    There must have been speakers there at some stage surely - Are you sure the ones you have aren't just blown? Did you try adjusting the "fade" option? Maybe it's set to put music through the front speakers only?

If there really were no speakers in the back when it came from the factory then you may also have to run wires back for the speakers??
    There probably is a write up with pics somewhere if you look hard enough.

Alternatively, if you can't find an online guide - A Haynes manual for your car will show you how to take door cards off, if you can't just pop off or unscrew the grilles that are over where the speakers should be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

A better option MIGHT be to put speakers into the rear parcel shelf. This way it's easier to run the wires through the boot, under the carpet and into the head unit. Otherwise you'll be fiddling with trying to get wires from the door to the head unit and could prove to be messy.

It's not the hardest thing in the world to do. Just don't get tacky speakers. get a nice, respectable black only set :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭langdang

Sorry to go kinda off-topic here, but I just refuse to believe that any normal* car sold within the last decade in Ireland came without front and rear speakers.
    So, am I right to think this?

*I mean standard 4/5 seater cars from the most popular manufacturers- no 2 seater coupes/convertibles etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,499 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

honda Civic pre-05 model and HR-V up to 06 only had front speakers standard. Toyota Aygo had rear speakers at launch then they dropped them.

For the Golf I'd check the fader control to see that it's not turned all the way to the front.

Think you press the Audio button.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,121 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

I would advise replacing the front speakers with better. ones and not worry about having any in the back. The only way you will get better sound quality by putting speakers in the back is if they are better than the front speakers and you then turn down the fronts so you are mostly listening to the back ones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,499 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

the original golf speakers are decent enough, I seriously doubt there aren't rear speakers but replacing them would mean the radio doesn't have to be turned up as loud.

Advertisement